43

soft peter hours before he had PTSD :(

(PETER POV)

God god god god god.

INCOMING CALL FROM HAPPY HOGAN

(accept | decline)

"Hello?"

"Pack your bags, we're going to Venice."

"I know," I told the man, "I'm on my way to the airport already."

"Just come to the tower," Happy said, "I'll tell you everything on the way there."

"Wait- bu-"

-CALL ENDED -

It took me 24 minutes to reroute my destination to manhattan. Happy better find a way to pay me back for that wasted plane ticket, but that wasn't the biggest concern on my mind. Why did Happy want me to come so urgently?

"You're finally here," the man said as I walked into the tower, "what took you so long?"

"The fact that I was headed in the wrong direction when you called me?"

"Right, the plane is upstairs. Hurry up, Kid."

As I ran behind Happy, I noticed how different the tower looked. It wasn't as bright as it used to be, and I didn't see a single piece of technology randomly roaming about.

"Happy," I said, "What happened to all the tech?"

"They were shut down when Tony passed," he explained, "they were programmed to reset when another stark took over the role."

"I thought Y/N did, why aren't they on then?"

"The role of Iron Man, I meant. The girl hasn't even gone in the suit room, so nothing has been activated."

I nodded silently as we walked out onto the helipad. The day had gotten colder, and I wished I'd thrown on my usual navy hoodie. Happy hit a button on his watch, and the doorway to the jet popped open and fell slowly towards the ground.

I dragged my suitcase up the stairs and plopped down on one of the nearest seats. God, it forgot how comfortable these planes were.

"So why did you call me?" I asked once Happy walked in after me.

"I need you to look after her, since you have that peter tingle thing."

"It's not called a peter tingle! Anyways, why isn't security doing that too?

"She refused any. That's why she's taking an autopilot jet."

"Oh, so she's alone?" I brought up, "that doesn't seem safe."

"It is, we had one of our staff members check the cockpit right before take off, so there would be no malfunctions once she was in the air."

"I thought you said it was an autopilot plane? They don't have regulated cockpits."

"I know," Happy said, "why-"

His eyes widened, and he covered his mouth over with his palm. He shook his head, and tapped his watch again, setting off a loud alarm on the plane.

"This is Hogan," he said, "we have an unauthorized member aboard flight 1342. Get Italy coms online."

"Happy, did you see the person leave the plane?" I asked.

"No, I was talking to Y/N at the time," he groaned, "I need to make sure she's okay."

"I'll call her," I said, grabbing my phone out of my pocket.

"She won't answer either of us," Happy said, "there's no way to reach her."

I shuffled through my backpack in search for the glasses I had previously gotten earlier today. I threw them on, and despite Happy's utter confusion, I started to speak.

"Edith, show me Y/N," I said.

"Sensors jammed. Cannot get a clear visual of Miss Stark."

"Dammit. Where is her location?"

"The plane has just arrived in venice. You are 5 miles away from her standpoint."

"Then why can't you get a clear visual?"

"Something has interfered with my scanners. Visual is disabled, but I am able to track her watch."

"Keep tracking it," I said, "update me immediately."

"Yes, Peter."

Both of us were out of our seats now, pacing around the jet. I wanted to jump out of the widow and swing my way there, but obviously there was nothing to swing on. Happy kept talking to whoever was on the receiving end of the watch, asking about what was going on in venice.

Apparently the plane had landed as expected, but no one was inside. People where still checking security footage, but the majority of it had been deleted. All we know is that she was seen leaving the plane and getting into an unlicensed black car.

"Nick Fury," I blurted out, "we need to find him."

"That's not what's most important right now," Happy said, "your girlfriend is missing."

"As much as I want to call her that, she's not. She left with Nick Fury."

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I heard them talking in the conference room about Venice. She's working with him on some threat or something."

"Once again, how would you know that?"

"I- I might have spied on her?"

"WHAT?"

"Edith told me too!"

"Peter, how did you even get past Ethan's security satellite?"

"I DON'T KNOW! I'M SORRY!"

"Kid, calm down."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, "I'm just scared for her."

"We all are."

I slumped down in the chair, and rested my head on my hands. How was I supposed to protect her, when she won't let me go near her? If she knows that I followed her to Venice, she'll hate me more than she already does.

You should turn back then.

"W-what? Edith? Can you read my mind?!"

"No Peter," the AI responded.

"Then how did you know what I was thinking? Why'd you say that?"

"I didn't say anything."