Chapter 18

“So let’s pick names.” I said to everyone in the room which was Conner, Lexie, Adam, and Katelynn. I got out my notebook and wrote down the names they told me.

“If it’s a girl, Katelynn. Duh. If it’s a boy, Carson.” I laughed at my best friend and wrote down the names.

“Girl- Elizabeth. Boy- Mason.” My brother suggested.

“Nathan for a boy. Then Allison for a girl.” I wrote down the names they had said.

“What about you?” Conner asked me.

“I don’t know. I like Mason for a boy and Allison for a girl.”

“You could do Allison Rose. You know cause moms middle name is Rose and so is yours.” I nodded to my Lexie’s suggestion.

“We can do Mason James if it’s a boy. Just like his father Conner James.” I said smiling to him.

“Sounds perfect.” Conner said kissing my nose.

*ding dong*

Adam got up and paid the guy for the pizza we ordered. I ate a few slices of pizza and Conner and I went to my room for the night. I’ve been wanting to talk to him alone for a while but I didn’t know how to ask so I just came out and said it. “So what’s the baby’s last name…” I mumbled, Somewhat not wanting him to have hear me. He did though.

“I was hoping Jenkins but it’s up to you.”I nodded but I was still confused on what to do. If we didn’t work out, I wouldn’t want to have my kid not having my last name. If we did though, I don’t want him or her to have my last name. I still have a while to decide. Conner fell asleep watching the tv in my room with his arms wrapped around my stomach. I could get used to this.

**************

“You ready?!” I screamed, waking up in the process.

“For what?” he mumbled.

“Conner, I’m 17 weeks pregnant…” I trailed off. He forgot.

“And?”

“Nevermind.” I turned away to head to the car.

He ran up and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I’m playing baby. Let’s go find out the gender of bubs.” I smiled and we got ready. As we drove to the doctors office we sung along to Lady antebellum. Conner bought the cd after I confessed to having an obsession with them and now everytime I get in the car that’s what we listen to. I mean, I wasn’t complaining.

“Lindsey Taylor.” I told the receptionist.

“What do you want?” Conner asked as we sat down.

“A boy. What do you want?”

“Whatever you want baby. But why do you want a boy? Most girls want a girl.”

“Well one, I’m not most girls.” I laughed. “And two, because when I have kids in the future I want the boy to be the big brother and take care of the little sister like Adam does for me.”

“When we.” He said looking down, almost embarrassed.

“When we what?”

“You said when you have more kids, it’s when WE have more kids.” He said looking into my eyes. I didn’t know what to say honestly. We got called back not giving me a chance to say anything though. The nurse asked a few questions and had me lay back onto the bed in the room.

“Alright Ms.Taylor. Your baby looks very healthy your doing good. The heartbeat sounds perfect also. Did you guys want to find out the sex?” We nodded. “Well your handsome little son is doing great.” She smiled. I looked onto the screen that displayed our baby and let out a few tears full of joy. Conner grabbed my hand and looked at the screen as well. We talked to the nurse some more and grabbed a couple pictures from the ultrasound. The whole ride home I stared at our little son in the picture.

“There is no stopping me from buying baby stuff now.” I laughed.

“So I’ve been thinking alot lately. It’s really crowded in the apartment with you, Adam, Lexie, and Katelynn and I don’t want to miss anything from the baby’s first word to the first step. I was thinking we should get an apartment. It won’t be until the baby is born so we’ve still got about 5 months so you have a while to think about it. It’s not a definite thing, just a suggestion.” he rambled on.

“Oh and I know we’ve only been together for a few months but I just don’t want to miss anything. If this is to much just tell me I don’t mean to push you or anything.”

“Conner shut up. Stop being so nervous, that’s a great idea. I dont want you to miss our SON’s life either.” I put an emphasis on Son because I was just so excited to have a boy. Conner’s smile grew to where the corners of his mouth were literally to the sides of his face.

“Let’s go out to eat. Celebrate.” We ended up going to Quaker Steak & Lube. We talked more than we ate and that’s saying something for me. Don’t judge I’m not the only one eating here. He dropped me off at my place and kissed me goodbye before he left to his house.

I looked at the ultrasound picture, then down to my stomach and smiled. “Goodnight Mason James….Jenkins.” With that I fell asleep.