"See we're getting weird looks from people." I mumbled with gritted teeth.

"Who cares?" Peter said indifferently. "Let them look. What's the worse they can do asides from looking?"

"You happen to be forgetting that we're still in our school uniforms. Some people could be wicked as to report us to the school authority."

He scoffed. "That's if they'd know our names or even recognize our faces."

"Well, that's true sha."

"So you've not answered my question."

"Sorry what question?" I played charade.

He snapped his head at me and narrowed his eyes. "You sha just want me to ask again."

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Can you be my—"

"Hey look!" I pointed at a man who was selling ice cream on a bicycle. "Ice cream! Please buy for me. I'm thirsty for one."

He exhaled deeply and shook his head. "Stop avoiding the question Daniella."

"Ice cream, I need ice cream." I released my hand from his grip and shook his arm. "Buy for me na! See the ice cream man is going away!"

"Eh, Let him go na." He shrugged and his voice sounded ragged and throaty.

"If this ice cream man leaves eh, I won't talk to you again o." I said and he chuckled.

"Okay." He simply said.

I watched as the ice cream man kept moving away. I silently prayed that Peter would just call the ice cream man, but with the look of things, he didn't seem to care about that. He kept walking forward with his hands in his trouser pocket, leaving me few steps behind.

I really needed the ice cream so I swallowed my pride and held Peter's arm. "Wait joor! Okay I'd answer your question, if you buy me ice cream."

He turned to look at me and smiled broadly, the side of his eyes squeezing. "So you really want the ice cream that badly?"

"Yes joor!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I thought you were just using the ice cream thing to avoid my question."

"He is leaving already o!" I said impatiently, pointing in the ice cream man direction.

"What if I don't have money?"

"I thought you were rich."

"Call the ice cream man before he leaves." He said as he dug his hand in his trouser pocket and took out a wallet.

"Hey ice cream!" I hollered and the ice cream man stopped and rode back to where we were. Peter bought three ice cream cone— one for himself and two for me. I held each of the ice cream cones in both hands and licked the two together, so it wouldn't melt in my hands. It is really good to have a rich guy that likes you. I thought.

"So are you ready to answer my question now?" Peter asked.

"Lemme finish my ice cream na before I start answering questions." I said, licking the ice cream that was rolling down the cone.

He put his whole ice cream cone in his mouth and chewed up before swallowing it. "How is the ice cream though?" He asked. How was he that fast eating an ice cream that was so cold?

"Delicious."

"See her mouth like delicious."

"Whatever. You should thank your stars that you bought the ice cream for me, if not, both of us are over!"