The Maledictus Crisis

For what it was, warts and all I enjoyed reading and watching Harry Potter. I can't deny that.

Yes, fine fanfictions can also be better but they can also ruin it. See every character insert who has better, unexplainable magic and just so happens to be the love interest. We all know them. Some of us wrote them. I read them.

It all depends on what you focus on.
I remember the specific scenes I loved, Minerva persuading Harry to be an Auror while owning that bitch, that firework scene, even many of Ron's one liners e.g. Goyle's line about a baboons butt is my favourite because I can picture Luna's laughter. Does it sound rude and childish? Of course it does, he's a kid!

I guess I treat new information kinda like reebots of other franchises, if it's important to me then yes, I would outcry about it e.g. I wasn't sure about Johnny Depp in this role even before these accusations. People being mad about this is as clear as day.

But this is getting ridiculous.

Fine, JK is a two timing, back stabbing hypocrite but the books aren't about "the Life and Lies of JK." Neither are the movies or actors or characters we grew up with. Some are good, some are bad and the same thing goes for HOW they act. If the story ends up sucking, then THAT is the only thing I care about. Being entertained.

Nagini, human or not is a beautiful woman and we have not seen her act yet. If she is a good actor with a decent part, good for her. If she is not, then I will comment on her Kirsten Stewartesque performance, not where she comes from or how "accurate she looks" to the source material.

Nagini is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER with a fictional curse. This actor got this role through her own hard work and accepted it because she WANTED to do the role. She's probably an interesting woman but I don't think where she came from should matter this much when we haven't even seen her ACT yet.

I understand the reasoning behind why people are mad and it's not a nice thing to think about but come on, people. You are wasting time bickering about a woman turning into a snake as signs of slavery when you could be talking about, I dunno the movie? Seriously. Read that section again. A fictional character, is cursed into a snake, who through no fault of the actress becomes evil.

OMG EVERYBODY RIOT, IT'S CLEAR SIGNS OF SOMEONE BEING WRONGED BECAUSE SHE LIVES SOMEWHERE WE ALL THINK IS IMPORTANT TO HIGHLIGHT AS BEING WRONG TO OTHERS.

RAWR.

No. Please. Just no.

Would you riot if she was English? Or Irish? Would we start slamming the Troubles all over again or say this is a conspiracy about a London sex trade because of where she's from? No. We have enough problems going on without worrying about whether this woman can actually turn into a snake or is it just subtext.

Those who care about the movies ACTUAL PLOT are being dragged into this all over again and yes, JK you fighting on Twitter like a whiny Trumpette isn't helping. It never does.

So guys, if you decide to see this movie, see it because you want to be entertained by the story or the creatures or even Eddie Redmayne and Jude Law because you want to see that teacher/student relationship between Dumbledore and Newt for a fanfiction you're working on which is probably better than the source material anyways, because someone said so and hates everything about the books because the paper was made via a forest which used to be a setting to WW3.

Not because controversy told you to.