Misleading Reads and Rubbish Reccomendation Page

This is probably gonna get me a lot of hate but I don't care. I'm irritated by it, so suck it up.

Y'know what I hate?

No, of course not. You're not me so how the heck would you know.

I hate it when you find a book with oh let's say 75k reads, the blurb (the bit you read before you go into it to see what the book is about, usually people write stuff there)  sounds good and interesting and actually includes words, the cover looks awesome and the reads are high, so you automatically assume, that this book is gonna be at least average. It's in a genre you enjoy reading and it doesn't say it's full of mature 50 Shades of Grey content. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

In my case, it looks like a promising action/fantasy/paranormal book, which for those of you who don't know, I enjoy reading these type of books.

So imagine my surprise when I start reading and despite how it looks, the number of reads and even how it's portrayed by the blurb and the amount of comments/hype it has....

It turns out to be complete and utter shite.

I swear, it's like a mine turtle causing a train wreck.

He he, ASDF anyone?

I cannot get past the first couple of chapters before I start internally vomiting from the cliche plotlines and dialogue and predictable storyline in general. I cannot believe I'm going to say these two things but,

Even the bad guy is predictable!! I predicted it within minutes of meeting him. And we didn't really meet him he just popped up out of nowhere and suddenly became the MC's high school crush or whatever. Usually bad guys are my favourite, but this one just made me want to Avada Kedavra his ass to juvie. Or Hell. The MC is whiny and the rest of the characters are so stereotypical it makes Mean Girls look like a documentary. Then, she randomly gets verbally bitch slapped by her mother about how she should know about randomly appearing creatures after they've never been mentioned til now?! Eurgh.

And the second, is that this book is actually popular. I'm sorry for all you people who have an inkling about what book I'm talking about, and I know that if someone does blab, I'm gonna get a ton of hate. I have enough of that thank you, so Shadow (aka Seralto), keep your mouth shut!

Regardless of the torrent of hate, it honestly makes me sad because it shows what my favourite genre is coming to, let alone wattpad in general.  Yes, I'm a little jealous of the amount of reads/comments it has on it saying how awesome it is, what writer wouldn't be? But honestly, I just wish that wattpad wasn't just based on how many reads you have, now I can barely go through my reccomendations without that bloody book popping up everywhere.

Thank you wattpad, for making crappy books popular and for annoying me with them via recommendations.

Not only that, but if I clicked on one random fanfics by accident, a thousand more would pop up and remain on my discover page for centuries!

It's like those annoying pop up ad's when I'm trying to watch anime. Yes, I watch anime, what of it?

No, I don't want a free Tesco's voucher card because I know it's a hoax. Yes, I would like to delete you, BECAUSE YOUR A PAIN IN THE ASS!

*sighs* All in all, I hate being mislead, either by adverts or books and 9/10  recommendations suck.

Now, I'm off to cheer myself up by reading TaranMatharu's Summoner for the fifth time and hopefully it will erase all memory of that thing. Until I go to the Discover page and find it on my Recommendations Page as I remember all over again!

God dammit.