Chapter Thirty-Three: The Change (Setekh)

The last of the running water trickled into the tub while a cloud of fluffy white bubbles skimmed along the surface. Next, the candles that crowded around the edges were ignited with just a touch of my mind. Back in the other room, Bane was fast asleep after a long and painful transformation. And though it was awful seeing him go through it, he still managed to fight his way to the very end without so much as a word to how much pain he was in.

I shook my head as I went to the door and dimmed the lights, hoping to create a relaxed atmosphere that would hopefully leave a lasting impression on my mate after such a long night. But as I opened the door, I paused slightly in the doorway, watching him sit on his knees as he stared at himself in the mirror. Nothing physical had changed, he was still my Bane, after all. Yet it was his eyes that changed most of all.

A pair of blazing sapphire electric blue orbs burned in the surrounding candlelight as I slowly approached the bed and reached out to touch him. He must have sensed me coming as he leaped into the air, his body twisting and turning before landing softly on the balls of his feet as he shifted into a crouch, baring his fangs. I raised my hands as a sign of no harm as I walked around the bed carefully and cautiously stepped closer.

"Bane, baby, can you hear me?"

Cocking his head to one side he let out a growl that sounded as a warning. Then he stopped and his eyes returned to normal as I breathed a sigh of relief. When he stood up, I took him in my arms as I leaned into the side of his neck and inhaled deeply, noticing the bonding scent all over his skin. He was mine now; for real this time.

"You're perfect now. Just like me."

His hands went for my waist and with one short, strong pull, forced our bodies together as I chuckled and checked out the rest of him. Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe as the bones in my chest tightened and ached.

"Whoa! Easy there, sweetheart. I know you're new right now but please don't try and break me, okay?"

"Oops, sorry. Guess I don't know my own strength."

I smirked as I took him by the hand and lead the way into the bathroom as he gasped in awe then punched me in the shoulder.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?'

"All these lit candles and now a romantic bath; you're making me feel like a girl." He blushed as I kissed him on the cheek.

"Can't help it, babe. So you better get used to it.'

I helped him into the tub as he sighed with content and started to admire the bubbles that clung to his skin. I jumped in after him, easing him back against my chest as I wrapped my arms around him and started kissing his neck. The water covered us up to our shoulders as we laid there together in complete silence, enjoying our time as a couple.

"Setekh?" He asked.

"Yes?" I said, reaching for a sponge.

"Am I dead?"

"Far from it, little one. In fact, you've just been reborn."

With his head resting against my shoulder, I cupped his chin as I leaned in to kiss him. I wanted more but he stood up before I got that chance as I admired his perfect body. I instantly became hard as my lust for sex returned ten-fold. When he got out of the tub and started to walk away, I let out a low growl as he froze in mid-step and glanced over his shoulder at me.

"What's wrong?"

"You really just gonna to leave your Alpha with a raging hard-on while you walk away teasing me with that ass."

Bane smiled. "Well, I suppose I am. But if you want, I guess I can help you with your little problem." My eyes shifted as I showed him my fangs with a devilish grin. Then he had the nerve to whistle at me like a dog, patting his thigh and saying, "Come on. Come on, boy! Let's go!"