stan the man

ib by reddieau on ig
richies pov cause why not
-
eddie, stan, bill and i were walking out the door of the school when stan spoke up.

"do you guys wanna go to the quarry?"

"when?" bill asked.

"now?" he asked while shrugging.

i looked over at eddie and could see him fidgeting with the straps on his backpack.

"i don't think so guys sorry, i have a half hour to get home or my mom will flip out." he said, really fast and barely understandable.

"how b-bout you g-g-go home and ask her? then hopefully w-w-we-we'll meet y-yy-you there?" he suggested quietly.

"i don't know guys, ill ask but i doubt it'll work." he said, looking down and rolling his eyes.

"ill go with ya eddie spaghetti! your mom loves me! especially when we-"

"beep beep richie." stan said, rolling his eyes and moving closer to bill.

"i guess so, we'll try, but don't be surprised if you guys don't see me there." eddie said quietly and sadly. i felt bad for him to have to deal with a mother like that. but atleast he has a mother to take care of him i guess.

"hey guys! what's going on?" beverly asked as she walked towards us with ben following quickly behind her.

"we're g-g-gonna go to the q-qquary, wanna c-c-co-come with?" bill asked, suddenly interested.

"yeah sure, we all going now?"

i zoned out of the conversation while they all talked and walked towards eddie who was off in his own world.

once i reached him, i wrapped my right arm around his shoulder.

"seeya guys! im gonna go with eds here to convince his mom to let him come with us, we'll definitely meet you there!" i yelled while winking. eddie leaned closer into my side in an attempt to slightly shove me.

"richie, don't say that. you know how my mom is."

"yeah but she has a soft spot when it comes to your friends. sometimes. like rarely. but come on edward spaghedward! positivity man!" i yelled, chuckling and walking with him to his house.

"you're funny richie." he said quietly, looking forward and continuing to walk. that made me smile, im used to my friends always telling me to shut up. i know they don't mean it in a mean way but sometimes it gets to me. atleast i know eddie doesn't secretly hate me.

"thanks" i said happily.

once we arrived to his house, i stayed out on the sidewalk and watched him run up to his house. eddie told me if he wasn't back out in 10 minutes then it meant his mom said no. well, if eddie doesn't come out in 10 minutes then im going up there myself and finding a way to get him out of there.

i sat on the sidewalk, waiting impatiently. after a few minutes, eds came running out of his house with a smile on his face, his mom standing in the doorway with a stern look on her face.

"You stay safe Edward! Don't get dirty! You know how many germs are in the water and in the dirt! You better be back within the next 3 hours!" She screamed.

"Yes mama!" he yelled after she finished with her demands.

"mommy..." i teased, nudging him with my elbow.

"she gets mad at me when i call her something other than mommy or mama so im stuck calling her that for the rest of my life." he sighed.

"i know i know, im just kidding. im surprised she let you go." i said.

"i basically pleaded and guilt tripped her telling her all my friends were waiting for me and really wanted me to come."

"niceee, atleast it worked."

"i wish she would let me grow up." he said, annoyed.

"it's okay bubba." i said as we kept walking, getting closer to the quarry.

once we arrived, the whole group was talking when suddenly stan came running up to us, the whole group watching him and smirking.

"hey richie, are you free tonight at 10?"

"uhh.. yeah... what are you planning?" i asked, knowing something was going on.

"Shhhh,, eddie, are you free tonight at 10?" he asked.

"uhh i don't know? maybe?"

"great! cause im not! enjoy your date." he said, putting one hand on each of our shoulders.

i looked at eddie with a curious expression. he just shrugged.

"what just happened?" eddie asked as we sat down on the ground with the group.

"we all ship you two so while you were gone we tried to think of a way to get you two together so enjoy your date" beverly said and smiled afterwards.

"uh okay? see you tonight then eds." i said and kissed his cheek. beverly squealed.

"don't call me that."

-

so originally i named this chapter "date night" and was gonna include the date too but this chapter is already almost a thousand words so i just didn't feel like it lol but i might do a part two idk

also im rereading this and kinda cringing but i hope it's not actually that bad and the only reason im cringing is bc it's my own writing lol