flowers

so just saying all throughout writing this chapter i kept imagining richie as spencer reid from criminal minds and it's probably because i watched it earlier but ?? i just can't picture richie as finn like i just see spencer in my head but anyways

ib fluorescent by s-onorous
eddies pov
-

"heya eds!" i heard richie yell from behind me. i took out my headphones and turned my head to see him jogging towards me, so i slowed down.

"hey richie" i said, yawning after the long day of school. i lifted my backpack straps up higher on my shoulders since i could feel them slowly falling down and then i paused my music.

"so uh, i was wondering if you wanted to hang out later, or something, like go to the park or something?" he said, staring down at the ground as we walked along the pathway.

"like a date?" i asked, looking up at him from the side and smirking, watching his eyes widen after i asked that.

"i mean, if you want to it to be, yeah," he said quickly, glancing at me.

"real smooth. what time?" i looked up at him and watched him smile.

"wow i wasn't expecting you to say yes," he laughed, draping his arm around my shoulders. "and uh, how about 6? i just found a really pretty part of the park the other day, maybe we could go watch the sunset or something. ill be at your house at 6." he said, clearly super excited, guess im full of surprises.

"see you then." i said, stopping when i got to my house and waving goodbye to him as he continued walking down the road to his house. i walked inside and was greeted by my mother.

"eddie bear, who was that outside you were talking to? was that richard?" she asked, clearly not happy. i had to come up with a lie.

"yes, he was asking me if i wanted to come with him to bills house this evening to work on a group project we have. i said i had to ask you first. can i please go?" i asked her as nicely as possible to try to stay on her good side.

"well, i guess so. as long as you're back by 9. and no walking back by yourself." she said sternly.

"okay mommy. im going to go to my room now to work on some of my other homework." i said, lying and running up to my room.

i set my backpack down and decided to plan for tonight. it was already 4:00 so i didn't have to wait too long.

i knew id have to take my backpack with me or else my mom would be curious and she would know something was up, so i decided instead of schoolwork, id pack a blanket, camera, and a jacket.

i changed into my clothes for tonight, deciding on converse, dark blue denim jeans and a long sleeve light yellow sweater. it had a small planet in the corner of it on the opposite side of my heart with little stars around it, it was my favorite one.

-

it was almost six, so i grabbed my backpack and went downstairs to find my mom asleep on the rocking chair.

i decided to write her a note knowing that if i didn't, she'd be very paranoid if she woke up and i wasn't there. she'd probably never let me leave the house again, honestly.

i walked outside, quietly closing the door behind me as i saw richie across the street and making his way over to me.

once he saw me, we waved at eachother and he jogged across the street to get to me faster.

"what's with the backpack?" he asked, giggling and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"i told my mom we were going to bills house for a project soooo..." i said.