halloween

inspired by some reddie au posts on ig and also something finn said at a concert lmao
-
halloween was so close. it was a week before halloween and for the first time his whole life, eddie was excited.

eddies mom wouldn't allow eddie to go trick or treating until he turned 13 because she was completely against candy and she was a lazy piece of shit who never wanted to move from the recliner. she also didn't want eddie going outside alone at such a young age.

eddie was finally able to go trick or treating and he was going to go with the other losers. It was 5 pm and he was on his way to richies house where all of the losers would discuss what their plans were- where and when to meet up, what to go as, etc.

Richie told eddie to come a half hour earlier so they had some time to hang out, so he did. Once he arrived at richies house, he knocked on the door and waited for richie to answer.

"Heya eds! Nice to see ya!" richie said, leaning against the door and letting eddie in.

"yeah well, you told me to come." He said, walking to his living room and flopping down on his couch, richie sat on the floor underneath eddie and put tv on. "Halloween is coming, are you ready?" Eddie asked, getting really excited and eager for it to just be here already.

"I- uh, hm, what's the word for horny, but like- not in a sexual way? Like, I'm horny for Halloween but I don't wanna stick my dick in a pumpkin, you know what I mean?" Richie asked, looking up behind him at eddie.

"Excited? Do you mean excited?" Eddie asked, rolling his eyes with the most disgusted look on his face.

"Ah yes, that's the one." Richie said and giggled, Eddie rolled his eyes once again.

"Anyways, what should I be for Halloween? I have a few different options in mind but I haven't made a decision." Eddie asked, staring at the ceiling.

"My boyfriend." Richie smirked, looking at the floor.

"Yeah, that'd be pretty scary wouldn't it?" Eddie laughed, assuring richie that he was just joking because he knew how insecure he could easily get. They settled down and watched a movie for a little while when the rest of the losers began flooding in and they discussed when they'd be meeting up.

They decided on hanging out the night before Halloween, which was the day for trick or treating in Derry - October 30th, and then sleeping over at richies house and going home the next day. Richies house was the go-to for hangouts since his parents were never really home so they could do whatever they want.

A few days later, October 30th.

"Bye mommy!" Eddie said, kissing her cheek and finally leaving after an hour long lecture of what candy he can and can't eat, to not get left behind, to not go into strangers houses, don't take suspicious looking candy, etc etc.
it was 4 pm and trick or treating started in 2 hours.

He entered richies house, since it was already unlocked, and found richie and bev hanging in the kitchen and talking.

"Hey guys! Ready for trick or treating?" Eddie asked, joining the conversation.

"Hell yeah! The rest should be here soon and then we're gonna order a pizza and soda before we go."

An hour later, they were all partying before going trick or treating. They dressed in their costumes at richies house and all complimented eachother on their costumes. They blasted music and all got pizza and sodas.

"Happy pre-Halloween mother fuckers!" Richie screamed and they all laughed, dancing around the small kitchen. There was only 7 of them so they didn't take up much space.

They left the house as soon as trick or treating officially started and went all the way until it officially ended. They went all over town, probably going to every single house- some even twice. They went from 6 to 10 pm and didn't find their way back home till it was 11.

when they all got back to richies house, they were drowsy, weak, exhausted, and cold. they all had runny noses and just wanted to go to bed, but it was their tradition to sort through candy and stay up till atleast midnight. Eddie wasn't used to this, since it was his first time that he was able to go with them. Luckily for him, who's bedtime is usually 9 pm, it was already 11 and they'd probably naturally spend an hour on sorting candy.

They sat in the middle of richies bedroom and in the process of sorting candy, each person dumped out their bags in front of them and kept everything they liked and put the candy they didn't like into the middle of the group and whoever wanted it could take it.

Usually someone will take the extra candy, that's left at the complete end, even if they don't like it, because they know someone who might, and didn't want it to be wasted.

Eddie was sat next to richie, and next to richie was bev, ben, mike, bill, and stan. Eddies eyes kept closing, and he was nearly about to pass out. He leaned his head against richies shoulder and fell asleep when he was pretty much done sorting his candy, richie looked down at him and smiled. (jim and pam who?)

"alright guys, it's midnight. im gonna get this little guy to bed. goodnight guys- don't steal my fucking candy." richie said, standing up, stretching, and picking eddie up. eddie insisted that he let him go though because he was capable of walking, even though he was clearly exhausted. he found eddies sleeping bag and helped him lay down, getting comfy and getting him his blanket and pillow. just as richie was about to stand up and go back to the group, eddie lazily pulled richies head down by his shoulders and kissed his cheek. he let him go and traced his fingers down richies arm, all the way to his hand slowly before letting go and turning to his other side, falling asleep after whispering "thanks" to richie.

Richie had goosebumps and couldn't keep the smile off his face as he walked back into his bedroom, but luckily the others didn't notice it or mention it.
-

Sorry if this is poorly put together and sorry for the time skips I've been trying to write this for 4 days but I only feel like writing at night and I have been so fucking tired sorry but goodnight also im writing this on october 25 but tbh this probably won't be published till late November early December so,,, yeah. my next ones i work on will probably be a Christmas oneshot & stay away part 2

Also I wanted to have it that they all partied and drank alcohol and then eddie like fell asleep so fast against richie because he's never had alcohol before and that's when richie carried him to bed but then I remembered I wrote them as 13 lmao. I was gonna change the age then but like it wouldn't make it sense for eddie to be going trick or treating for the first time at 16 years old so yeah this is just how it turned out I guess

-next oneshot out at 170 reads :)
-sorry i changed it because it's gaining a lot of reads pretty fast (ty though! hope you're enjoying it so far)