5.| The sound of ice under your skates

___

___

Sometimes Bucky just stood in the middle of a rink and smiled at the feel of the ice under his skates and the sound when he cut the ice, the sound of his stick when he tapped the ice or when he put just a little to much weight on it, the sound the puck made freshly dropped on the ice or when it bounced off the boards or the post or even the net.

The sound of hockey made him happy, sometimes it was better when Tony came along but Tony had a company to run so it was rare for him to join Bucky even more so when buck moved to Nizhnekamsk to play professionally, he left behind his home, his friends, his family, but most importantly he left Tony. He was left out of everything that happened to Stane and Hammer because he was on the other side of the world and didn't watch tv much between training, playing and sleeping.

As he stood in the rink Tony had built for him he sighed softly, thinking how much had changed while he lived in Russia, and Tony was still sleeping off his jet-lag. The bucket of pucks stared at buck as he skated slowly around the rink thinking, he felt bad for leaving Tony and he knew the other couldn't have come with him and he's surprised that Tony stayed with him through long distance.

"Bucky"

He was broken out of his thoughts by Tony's voice and hand on his arm, he didn't realize he'd stopped skating and was just staring at the ice. "I don't know what you're think about but I don't like your face looking like that Tesoro"

Bucky looked at him "I don't know how you're still with me after everything and how I just left you to play in Russia" grabbing Tony's hands softly in his, Tony chuckled darkly "I don't know how you didn't leave me for some else because we both know you could do better than me" buck shook his head softly "I love you Tones" Tony smiled softly "I love you to, even when you were halfway across the globe"

Bucky cupped his face and kissed him softly "Let's go back to bed" tony nodded and let go of Bucky's hands long enough for the brunette to take off his skates and followed him upstairs.

___

Bucky posted a picture of Tony in Stars gear with only a star emoji for a caption before they headed to the arena for bucks first game in the nhl. Tony kissed Bucky for good luck before the separated, Bucky headed for the dressing room and Tony to his seat next to the glass.

Tony played on his phone until he saw the stars coming out on ice for warmups, looking for Bucky, he spotted him near the goalie wearing the number seventy-six. Smiling he took a picture to send to Pepper and Rhodey, as a way to say that Bucky was home and with him.

During warmups Tony didn't notice buck until he hit a puck at the glass to get his attention, with a smile at tony when he looked at him he waved happily then tossed a puck over the glass for the kids wanting one.

The Stars were playing the Ducks at home, Tony was worried about James because of his last game in Russia before Dallas got him.

___

Once the puck had dropped Tony sat on the edge of his seat whenever James was on ice, the game was tied and headed for a shootout and Ritchie had already fought in the first half and looked ready to fight again. James was the first player going in the shootout, Buck had gotten a hat trick in the second and now he was down the ice before Tony could blink scoring a goal. Carrick and Seguin went next scoring but the Ducks couldn't get one past Bishop.

Tony jumped to his feet cheering with the crowd as the Stars gave Bishop hugs and pats on his helmet, Tony headed for the dressing rooms and was only stopped for three autographs and the security guard who wouldn't let him trough until Sam vouched for him.

Standing away from the wags of the team when same left him to get interviews. He played on his phone before being bombarded by Seguin, Klingberg and Bishop.

"Mr. Stark..."

"Tony, Mr. Stark was my father now who's who and where's Bucky?"

____

https://youtu.be/IaX9Rw4uGqg

I don't know if the link will work but it's coach Jeremy's video about the sounds of hockey, the video played in the background as I wrote most of this chapter