16: Full Car.

Name: Jamie
Location: Rapid City, Outskirts
Time: 1000

It all started with rumors and claims. The thought popped into my head, chasing away the feeling the silence of the car gave me.

Claims that religions caused war. It was a delusion in art form. They mix a little lie in with truth, mix it up until black and white turn to grey, then indoctrinate the kids.

I tapped my lip as I sat, then turned to Mark. “Is it alright if I write?”

My protector, as I’d come to think of him, glanced around. “Okay, but keep the brightness low and close the screen when I warn you of oncoming cars.”

I nodded, grabbing my laptop and firing it up. I typed away furiously to catch up with my brain.

They’ve raised up a generation of near-zombies, false doctrine so deeply ingrained in them that they are blind to the truth. This is the truth;

Our government has been arresting and killing those who believe in God. Merely believing in anything other than what they teach is a death warrant.

I felt the seat shift as Mark peered at my screen, curious. I tried to ignore him and kept typing, determined not to be distracted.

That man you saw preaching on the street corner? He will be dead before he reaches his home tonight.

That guy on the news who was killed in a hit and run while crossing the street? He was targeted.

Your cell phone has a tracking device in it, so that they can find you wherever you go.

This is the government we’ve voted in, and these are laws we’ve agreed to.

Let me tell you another secret; in six weeks or less, that law to register all firearms will be used to confiscate every firearm owned by civilians.

Hide your weapons. Get rid of the tracking tags located in the butt of the weapon, and hide that gun! The time is soon coming when you will have need of it.

Soon afterwards it will become mandate to get a mark, it is still unclear what kind, on either your right hand or forehead. This mark will be explained as a way to identify those who do not obey the athorities.

We are headed for war. The killings of Christians and people of other religious beliefs will become public. The public will adore these killings.

Survival of the fittest. That is what they teach. They accuse Believers of murder, genocide, causing war… They claim to be against these things, and yet they are instigating it.

Keep these things in mind, and when they happen, you will know the truth. But will you be brave enough to face it?

~The Truth Seeker

I closed the screen, shutting it down. This wasn’t my typical article, but then, times were changing, and my writing had to change with it.

Mark was studying me. “What?”

“How do you do that? Type so fast, almost without thought.”

I shrugged. “Writing is kind of like talking to me. Actually, I write better than I talk.”

He tilted his head, but said no more, turning to stare out the window. Now it was my turn to study him. He hadn’t been much of a talker so far, but he was being even quieter now. Something was wrong.

Duh, you idiot, his brother died. I swallowed as my own brain insulted me, reminding me of what I had seen at the cabin. Tears tried to flood again, but I held them back. This was not the time; in a carful of guys, hoping not to attract unwanted attention. Tears certainly counted.