Chapter 3- "What's the promise about?"

Y/N POV
It's another school day. I am currently sitting in homeroom looking at the stock market.

Hmm...all the stocks I've invested in are doing okay I suppose...

I finished writing about one of my best memories last night and turned it in to Aizawa when I saw him in the halls. I was still very confused about Dabi's actions. Anyway, I wrote about...

...a promise I made...to an old friend...I miss him...I hope that if he is still alive, he is doing well...

I feel tears enter my eyes. I quickly wipe them away.
"Y/N! BAKUGO WANTS YOUR PHONE NUMBER!" I hear Uraraka yell at the front of the class.
"Why?" I ask.
"I'm not sure. He just asked if I had your phone number and I said I did and he asked is I could give it to him. I'm not sure if you want me to give him your phone number so I ran over here to ask you," Uraraka explains.
I think for a moment. I then reply,
"Why the h##l not."
I then look back down at my phone and looked back at the stocks. I feel eyes on me, so I look up form my phone.
Everyone in class 1-A is staring at me with a 🤨 face or a 😧 face or a 😳 face. I shrug and look back down at my phone.
"You know it's not safe to give your phone number to just any," I hear Todoroki say.
"I'm aware," I respond in my my monotone voice, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.
"Hey, Y/N!" I hear Kirishima say. He is standing in front of my desk, smiling.
"Hello. I see you remember my name," I reply, setting my phone screen down after turning it off.
"Huh? Oh, yeah...so...how are you?"
"I'm fine. How are you?" I put my phone in my pocket.
"I'm good. What did you write about? The paper is due tomorrow...and you seem like the type of person who would at least have some idea of what to write about."
"I have already finished. I wrote about a dear memory to me."
"Oh, what memory is that? I wrote about a fun hangout with Denki and Bakugo."
"...I..."

Should I say? I don't know...it can be vague...I won't go into detail...

"...I wrote about a promise...a promise an old friend and I made..."
"What's the promise about?"
"...umm...l-let's change the subject..." I reply shyly. I was looking down at my hands, fiddling with my fingers.
"Sure! Hmm...Hey! Do you like video games?"
"Video...Games...?" I think for a moment then ask,
"Like...Pac-Man...Super Mario Brothers...and Invaders?"
Kirishima gives me a look like 😶, then replies,
"Yeah...those are just some old classic video games!"
"Oh...I see...are they fun?"
"Huh?"
"Are the video games fun?"
"Umm...it kinda all depends on your taste...the classics you named are okay..."
"Interesting..."
"Have...you ever played any video games other that the classic you named...?"
"I have never played video games...the classics I named I've seen other people play. I have completed intelligence drills on an electronic screen before, though."
"Okay...well how about after school we go shopping, you can find a game that you find interesting, and then play it."
"I'm sorry...I have to work after school..."
"Oh...well is there someone who can take over for you, or do you have a day off?"
I open my mouth to reply when my phone vibrates. I take it out and see I have a text.
Miss Kobayashi: Hey Y/N, you don't have to work everyday this week. You can just call Amai, okay?

CB-chan1: Seriously, CB-chan2!?!? You and your stupid plot convince!!! You want the reader to go on a date with Kirishima, don't you!?!?
CB-chan2: *evil laughter*

Me: Okay! Don't worry worry and enjoy your trip! ^^
I go to Amai's contact and ask her to take over the café for me today, she replies that it's no problem. I send a 'thank you so much' text and turn my attention back to Kirishima.
"I have someone who can take over form me today!" I finally reply to him, giving him a small smile.
"Great! We can meet up and walk to the mall together!"
"I'm down with that, looking forward to it, Kirishima!" I give him a bright smile.

I am actually looking forward to getting a video game...they seem like fun.

I then feel my phone vibrate. I got a text...from an unknown number...
???: Alright now listen here you idiot
???: I don't appreciate you running away from the fight
???: unless...
???: are you scared?
Is this Bakugo?
Me: Who are you?
???: ...
???: Do you really not know?
???: the brown haired girl gave me your number
I tease him a bit...
Me: Not ringing any bells...

I then hear a scream/growl and look up to see a ticked off Bakugo.
"NOW YOU LISTEN HERE YOU KNOCK BACK BASTARD!"
"What do you want...? It's like your always talking in all caps...chill dude..." I say looking down at my phone, paying no attention to firecracker.
"UGH!!!!!!!" I then hear a sudden stop in Bakugo's charging.
"Hello Aizawa, How have you been?" I ask looking up from my phone.
"I'm fine. Have you considered changing classes, yet?"
"I didn't know that was an option."
"So you have."
"Possibly."
"You could try general studies, the students there seem pretty tame."
"I should check it out, then."
"Tell me what your decision is as soon as you can. Anyway, Bakugo, you need to get a hold of you temper."
"Whatever..." Bakugo mumbled in response.
Aizawa released Bakugo and began class. We basically just had more time to write, but I finished writing about my memory so I have free time.
"Hi Y/N!" I look up and see Uraraka smiling brightly at me.
"Hello, Uraraka," I reply.
"You know you can call me Ochako, right? We're friends!"
"...okay..."
"So! I saw you talking to Kirishima earlier, what were you talking about?"
"He was telling me about video games."
"Oh...cool!"
"How has your day been?"
"It's been great, Thanks for asking! How has your day been?"
"My day has been fine."
"So, what are you writing about?"
"...I wrote about...a promise...a promise I made...to an old friend..." I shyly say with my head down. I am starring at my hands, fiddling with my fingers.
"Oh...? What was...the promise...if you don't mind me asking..."
"...I...I don't like...I don't like to talk about...it..."
"That's alright! You don't have to tell me, we just met after all...just know you can talk to me if you need someone to talk to..."
"Okay...thanks..."
"So! What's your favorite..."

The rest of class Ochako and I talked about random things, like what our favorite color is.