Part Nine

h.s.

"How could there be so many brushes? Different sizes and different hairs, different colors and shapes. I must sound stupid getting all intrigued buy them, but this is quite interesting." She says snapping me out of my thoughts. "You're not stupid. I find it funny and cute." I say. "You know... You don't have to complement me or even like me; I'm already your 'girlfriend'." She says out of the sudden. I look at her puzzled. "Which one is the one you'll paint with?" She says. "I usually get a roll or in this case two, and a one inch brush. You should take one of those rolls of blue tape over there and we need to look for something I truly don't know the name." I say taking two rolls in my hand and pointing with the other hand. When she comes back she notices that we will need a cart so she put the roll of tape as a bracelet and holds the rolls while I take the paint gallons; we walk towards the front of the store and I put the gallons in the cart moving it towards her so that she could place the things she had.

"Tell me Harry- what's that thing you don't know the name of?" She asks making fun of me. "Is that a mocking tone in your voice?" I ask in a overly acted shocked tone. She cover her mouth and started giggling. I smiled and put an arm around her and with the other one I pushed the cart. "Please describe the thing we're looking for." She asks very politely. "No need to; I know where it is." I say guiding her towards isle 7 B. "This is the thing I don't know the name of." I say taking one in my hand and placing it on the cart. "This thing is called a Roller Tray and Grid... And it's too small for the rolls." She told me taking the medium one. And placing the smaller one back into the pile. I look at her and ask her. "How is it possible that you know things I don't? And let alone how can you be so sky and confident at the same time?" She looks down and I take her hand and pull up her head. "Don't shut me out. I'm just intrigued." She nods and breaths loudly "Not here, I just want to have fun." She says and I nod. I lead her in front of me between the cart and myself. "Fun eh? What you have in mind that could be fun around here?" I ask. "It's just an old town store." I finish.

"That's what she said!" She said whispering a shout and ran off with the car and then lead on it like a small child. I smiled at her actions and ran after her. She looked back and saw me running towards her and she went back to running as well and getting on the cart again. "You'll have to give up eventually!" I shout in my accent and all you can hear afterwards is a high pitched "Never!" Followed by a laughter. The isle came to an end and she took a left and ran to the other isle. I took that as a cue to go back and went the other way around so that we could end up face to face. "I will catch you!" I shout loud enough for her to hear. "Pff!You're not even at my heels!" She responded me. "That's what you think!" I say stepping in front of her about 10 feet away. "Aaahhhh!" She screamed trying to stop the cart. I put my hands out so I can stop it. A moment later her cart crashed into me and she almost fell into the floor. And I'm long gone in the floor a couple of feets away.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry, are you okay?" She asks running and kneeling besides me. I re-open my eyes to find her with a worried look on her eyes. I nod and breath in. "That was fun." I say trying to get up but bumping into her making her fall. Which cause me laugh. "That's not nice Sir." I smile and offer my hands for her to hold so that I could help her up. Once we get up we look around to see if we made any mess. But all we did was noise and the workers that know me looked at us some with disapproving looks and others with a smirk on their faces. 'Sorry' I mouthed returning to the cart. We start walking towards the register to pay silently. Once we are in the line she nudges my arm and I pay attention to her and she smiled at me. Making me smile at her with a toothily smile of mines. She smiled and pulled her phone out, receiving a call. "I really have to take this." She says with a worried look on her face I nod and I take the car keys out handing them to her. "Thanks." She whispers taking them and answering her phone walking away.

I was called next and move the cart and I start placing the items in the counter. "Hello Harry! How is my world famous pop singer?" I smile kindly at Nora. "I'm good Nora, how's Sophie?" I ask pleasing the two gallons over the counter. "She's so big, you have to see her. She got new wheels; she out grew the other ones." She says not missing the pace. "That's fantastic, I'm glad to hear that she's getting better." I say handing her a card for the pay method and she automatically swipes it and enter the code numbers. "You know with out you she wouldn't be where she is." I looked at her. And she had the start of tears on her eyes. "No need to mention it; it's always a pleasure helping her." I say taking the bags and placing them on the cart and signing the receipt. I place the pen down and thank her. She nods and I hug her as best possible. She smiles and I walk away. I walk out of the store getting hit by the old air that surrounds me. I push the cart towards my car. I nock on the back door crystal and in a couple of seconds I hear the locks and I open the door placing everything inside as fast as I can. "Thanks." I mumble and I over listen "I know mum, it will be three Christmases in a row, but I won't be able to go home this year either." I feel I'm intruding a private conversation so I close the door and put back the cart. Going as slow as possible to give her, her space.