Part Sixteen.

h.s.

I take a deep breath trying to cope with what I'm feeling inside; I get up from the floor and walk to the kitchen and take out two glasses and fill them with sweet tea and walk torwards the room holding both and as I see Beth I hand her one "Here." She moved her head looking at me and smiling and takes the glass from me. "Thank you." she says with a smile before sipping the sweet tea. "This is really good." I nod in agreement as I sip from my own glass. "I think these colors are a great choice; you did good Beth." I say not looking at her but at the walls. The room felt silent and I ask he about the music and she remembers that she put it in pause, she miles and hit play once again. "Are you finish with yours?" she asks pointing at my glass and I nod; she takes both empty glasses and takes them back to the kitchen.

I start to put more paint on the roller tray and I start to humm to the rythm of an unkown song. The rest of the afternoon went smoothly, until I accidentally let some paint drip from my roller and hit her hair and she did the most hilarious sound ever and then she rolled me with some green and I took revenge and some paint was thrown and let's just say the last wall didn't look as expected. I think I haven't laugh this much in so long. "I think it was better that what I wanted, it has so much more" Beth stepped looking for the correct word. "Dynamism?" I ask. "Yes! Dynamism it's a great word. I think we are done for today, don't you think?" She asks while I nod, if you want you can shower while I put away everything, you might have a new color on your scalp if you don't take it off." I say picking on her painted scalp making fun of her. "Mean, I will help you and then I'll take a shower; we are a team, remember?" She says crossing her arms looking directly into my eyes. "It's alright by me." I say smiling at her and taking the rollers to wash and she started to put back the paint that was left on the plates in the gallons. The water on my hands felt cold as I place the rolls under the running water instantly cleaning them. Moments passed of me silently cleaning those rolls and my mind couldn't be taken from hours earlier when Beth read me like a paper, probably better than what I would've wanted her to by this time. She's full of surprises and I'm not a friend of those.

I feel a cold hand touching my right arm and I jump realizing that Beth was beside me asking me if I was alright, and I see concern from someone honest. I look at her face trying to get at her eyes and once I get there I see her scanning my face. "Harry, are you okay? You seem lost and pale, like really pale." I take a breath trying to speak but I can't talk. I start to shake and I try to hold on to something but I can't. The last thing I heard was her voice.