Part Three

h.s.
I pick up my phone and dial Lucas number; at the third ring he picks up. "Lucas Gemengways."
"Hey Lucas, it's Styles here; umm I found her." I say scratching the back of my head. "Fantastic! Just in time. You know the process: email the id code on the top section of the paper and in a couple of days you'll have full communication then ten days to 'get to know each other.' " he says like he has been saying the last four years we've been working together. Sometimes I think he need to get new quotes. "Yeah..." I say bluntly ending the call. I walk to my desk placing the paper on top of it turning on the laptop. Typing on the password I read her id code repeating it over and over inside my head.
"4645235"
"4645235"
"4645235"
I compose an email, type her id code and send. After sending it. I close the laptop and walk away from the desk. Once I enter my room I close the door even though no one else lives with me, sometimes the silence of my bedroom is all I need. I put my head in the pillow, looking directly at the ceiling. Loosing myself in vague thoughts of nothing. Emptiness and yet peaceful.
The night starts to make the skies darker. The reflection of the lights make me go insane. I can't deal with colorful or happy. I get up in a rapid movement closing the curtains and getting rid of my shirt and shoes, tagging myself out of the pants. I take my hair out of my bandana of some sort and let everything fall on the floor including my limp body.
Why do I feel this empty? I have everything I ever wanted and yet I feel nothing. A beep sound snaps me out of my thoughts. The brightness of my phones screen lights up the whole room. I get up and walk to the night stand where it was placed and read the email I just received: "We've received and verified your id code, expect an email with contact information in the next 48 hours"
I sigh in relive and let myself fall on the bed. Falling asleep into a dark dreamless night.