Epilogue ~ Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Fuck, Isaiah. I swear if you do that shit to me again, I'm going to slit your throat while I fuck you," his softer voice trembles in my ear. I know he's trying not to cry, and I don't know why. Why is everyone crying? I didn't die, I didn't disappear without a trace. I went to prison, not to war, I don't deserve this much affection. They should be mad, while I apologize and try in vain to make up for my absence.

"I'm sorry, I made a deal, and I couldn't tell anyone about it. I should have left a note." Celeste finally pulls away with a frown and red-rimmed eyes.

"A note? Isaiah, you shouldn't have just popped up at our houses, being cryptic as fuck, and then get arrested. You piece of shit! How could you be so heartless? We were terrified! You're so lucky Angel was able to figure out where you went and for how long. You left us! You left me." His last words crack and he has to take a deep breath. I understand why he's so upset, other than the occasional fuck buddy, I am his best friend, and I know he cares as much about me as I do him.

He's not always the most stable person, and change so drastic puts him off-kilter and often sends him spiraling into a deep depression. Those are the times he goes overboard and ends up a drunk mess, or worse. My eyes fall down his pale skin to his arms and my suspicions are confirmed. There's nothing I can say, so instead, I settle for bringing him into another tight hug.

"I'm sorry, Celeste," I whisper in his ear. My eyes are drawn from the floor to Andre who is patiently waiting in front of the sectional. I notice his nice black pants and a button up black shirt that makes it look like he just got out of the office. I meet his dark eyes with my equally dark eyes and he tilts his head, as if he too is trying to read my mind.

Celeste manages to pull away from me but not before he kisses my cheek, then he sits back on the couch where Killian is now resting. Andre is next, of course. He brings me into a surprising bear hug. He isn't one to show affection to others easily, then of Avery, so the fact that he's hugging me so tight my breathing is beginning to cut off is odd.

"You've changed, cuz," Andre says. I shake my head before I bury it in his neck, inhaling his manly scent of leather and eucalyptus.

"Not cuz, I'm done with that childish bullshit. Seems like you changed a lot too, brother. So whose kids are running around in the house somewhere? Please tell me they aren't mine." Andre laughs and releases me, allowing my breathing to become normal once more.

"You? Kids? I'd sooner see hell freeze over, or hell period. They're mine and Avery's." Andre says. I stare at him, wondering if they're trying to pull one over on me. I don't see any hint of deception in his eyes, or twitching of his left eye that often happens when he lies to me or Avery. He's telling the truth. They actually have kids.

"Holy shit," I mutter.

"Do you want to meet them?" It's Avery that speaks, having gotten up to stand next to his husband. And what's more surprising is when Avery pulls me into a hug, though not as long as the last two were. He pulls away and smiles at me, patting me on the back. "I may get irritated with you, but you're still my friend, Isaiah. I missed your banter."

"Oh, uhm, me too. But kids? Of course I want to meet them." Avery nods and leaves the room. I take the liberty of walking to the empty sectional and sitting down. God, this is so comfortable. It's soft but still holds my weight, that fresh leather smell permeates off it. Angel sits down next to me and takes my hand, I turn to him and smile.

So many days, Angel was the only thing on my mind. He became my security blanket during beatings, during the darkest times when I contemplated finding some way to kill myself and get it over with. The thought of my beautiful Angel always comforted me, and now I can finally find comfort in being next to him.