"Hi, name's Isaiah, you made a dent in my hood when you got in the way of my car. Leader of the biggest gang in the county, if not state, and fun enough my family is also the enemy of yours. Nice to meet you, now let's fuck."

"That's not you, that's just what you do. I want to know your personality, not the basics anyone could figure out. Also you didn't stop, it's your own fault for not paying attention to the road. Now, I need to wake up early for class so let's get to sleep." He lifts up and kisses me on the cheek before he gets comfortable. I stare the empty space on the small bed, almost confused. I don't just sleep next to people I don't fool around with, that's half the fun of sleeping anyway.

But I can't get myself to argue because if he doesn't want to have sex with me, I'm not going to force him, I don't want to.

I lie down next to him and stare at the white ceiling. Within minutes he's asleep, I can tell because his entire body jolts, yet he doesn't wake up. He also burrows his head against my arm and wraps his arms around me. His body heat begins to overheat me but I don't move, I just kick the blankets off and close my eyes. Somehow this feels really nice.

~ ~ ~

"Ugh, get up," a deep voice demands impatiently.

"Huh?"

"Isaiah, up, I have class in twenty minutes and I haven't even showered." Angel says.

It takes a minute, though I remember now what had happened last night. I remember the blood splatter against my face, the dark red drying into a brown on my skin. Andre didn't want to deal with it, Celeste may have but because of Killian he would turn me away, he also doesn't understand this life the way I do. The way Angel does.

"Isaiah," Angel barks.

"Oh, yeah." I slide out of the bed and run my fingers through my hair.

"Jesus, you're a heavy sleeper. I need to get to class, no, you can't stay here, but yes you can come back when I'm out if you need to." He says. He gathers his textbooks and shoves them into his messenger bag, slinging it over his shoulder.

"I won't come back tonight but I'll see you later." I peck him on his cheek and leave his room. It isn't until I start my car that I realize just how house-wife that was. I shake my head and leave the campus, heading to the house.

"Isaiah, long time," someone greets. I ignore him and walk around the house, from top to bottom, bringing everyone down to the basement.

"What are we doing here?" a girl asks. She's no older than fifteen but with her long hair and pixie-like features she could pass as eighteen if not early twenties.

"Did I say you could speak?" I growl. She flinches back, attempting to hide behind a man. I shake my head and take in the family as I prepare myself for this.

"Luck is dead, by the hands of Antonio. It seems we have another breach in our family, and when I find you, I won't be as gentle as Andre," I say. Everyone watches me, but as I stare around at the faces I realize they don't care. They look bored, not scared. I'll have to change that.

Before anyone realizes I pull my gun and shoot the woman who spoke. Her body crumbles on the ground, her empty green eyes staring at the ceiling. Everybody jumps at this, finally staring at me at attention.

"Like I said, I won't be gentle like Andre. Now, if I have to shoot everybody in this room to find the rat, don't think I won't. If anyone has any information, come see me. In the mean time I will be searching the house and I expect all of you to continue any unfinished business you have." I begin to walk away when I hear a familiar voice.