(40)

'Piper'

piper

it's grayson

uhm

paisley and ethan and i are at the west sands clinical hospital

what?!

grayson?!

who's hurt??!

please, just come immediately

grayson, do i have to worry?!!

you deadass should
READ, 7:44PM

\\\

PAISLEY
My throat still hurt a bit when I tried to move it, but my biggest worry in this moment was losing Ethan. This was all of my fault.

Had I not left the house and instead pretended to be gone, she wouldn't have hurt me. Had I not rushed back to Grayson, Ethan wouldn't have felt the way he did.

Had I not left Grayson to be with his brother, they wouldn't have had this tension between them at all times. Had I not searched Grayson at school and asked Ethan for his number, I wouldn't have met and fallen for him.

Had I just not replied to Ethans text.

Then we wouldn't be here, where we are now. And in my position, I'd prefer that. I'd prefer never having met them than this. Ethan is dying, and there's nothing I can do but feel bad.

Grayson has texted Piper off of my phone, I asked him to. I held on to little Josie, her bubbly little smile so innocent and oblivious. Was she really Ethans daughter?

It just seemed too crazy. Was that his secret he tried to hide? That he already had a kid?

Or his depression? Or maybe even that psycho ex girlfriend of his? Or maybe the fact that he was fucking a teacher?

It didn't matter what the secret was, it was equally as fucked up as the other things he's done. A deep down, I know he never wanted any of this to happen. It just did.

I don't hate him for it. I don't see him as a bad person. He didn't mean any of this at all. He just did what seemed right to him. No one is to blame.

Maybe it's his fate. And his fate is a little fucking bitch if she's set off to kill him.

Grayson looks down at me as I stare right into Josie's hazel eyes. She got them from her daddy, no doubt in that. They remind me so much of him.

Memories. One after the other. Times I've had with Ethan. How did it all come crashing down like this? Why did this love story turn so twisted and chaotic? All we ever wanted was each other.

And whatever was happening and has happened seemed to be my fault. Me. I'm the reason why we both are here and so fucking dead. Me.

Looking at Grayson, I wince. He, he meant everything to me, literally. But I probably just took his brother's life and he could never forgive me for that. Shit.

In other words, I'm just like I was at the beginning: alone.

Piper bursts through the doors like some superhero and I feel my heart clench as I pass Josie back to Grayson. She breathes in deeply as a nurse runs right in behind her.

"Ethan's heart is failing.", she informs us and I sit up straight, my back aching like a motherfucker. Grayson looks at me. Piper sobs out loud.

"No, fuck!", I scream. The nurse rushes over to my bed side and places a hand on my shoulder. "Miss, please, there's nothing we can do.", she attempts to calm me down.

I feel my blood boil, my hatred rise. Why had I been so fucking selfish? Why couldn't I just take what I was given and be happy? No, I always needed more.

Grayson turns to her, pain in his eyes.

"Absolutely nothing?", he asks and she nods. I can heart his heart crack, it sounds out through his rib cage. It stings everywhere. I'm crying like a little baby now.

"I'm so sorry.", she whispers. No, you're not. You're just saying that. You never knew Ethan. Shut up. I wince again, raising my hand to my face to wipe my tears away.

"Can we at least say goodbye to him?", Piper asks, pain in her voice as it cracks. She nods in understanding and Grayson helps me stand up. I leer down at the plain marble floor.

Life is an asshole. A real big, stupid asshole.

She guides us to the room where they held his dying body. They had operated the ballet out, the nurse told us, but his heart had too much damage and he had lost far too much blood.

I open the door, hands shaking. His body just lay there in complete silence. I walk over slowly, Grayson and Piper right on my trail.

I look at his pale face, lids closed over his eyes, slow breaths leaving his parted blue lips. He opens his eyes, looking right into mine. The monitor shows that his heartbeat is slowing down.

"Paisley.", he mumbles, a small smile upon his lips. I take his face into my hands. "As beautiful as ever.", he coughs. Grayson stands behind me and sits down next to me.

"Grayson.", he says. "Fuck, i love you.", he sighs, his eyes tearing up. He becomes weaker with every word, i feel it. Gray holds his hand, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, dude, so sorry for everything.", he mutters, looking down at himself in disgust. I blink away my tears as I smile at Ethan. I had to smile.

"Ethan, you're stupidly perfect.", I tell him and he chuckles. "You are perfecter.", he continues and I move over for him to see Grayson for the last time.

"And you, stupid, annoying lil' bro.", he sighs. The monitor slows down gradually as he takes in a sharp breath. I bite down on my lip as tears rush out of my eyes.

"I love you more than anything in the world.", he finishes before he smiles, closing his eyes. His head falls to the side and I stare at Graysons hand holding his tightly. Josie cries out in his arms all of a sudden.

Then I hear that monotone sound that I never wanted to hear.

\\\

a/n;
s h o o k.

daddy is dead, holy fucknuggets.

vote.

comment.

share.

cry:((

xx,cece