Epilogue

~1 Year Later~

Much had changed since the day I reunited with my father. He had regained my trust and we had spent a lot of time together. I met his new wife and his son. They were surprisingly nice people and treated me like I was family.

I ended up forgiving Taylor. Once My father explained that she had used the money on her mother's medical bills and that she too eventually stopped accepting payments, I realized that our friendship was true. She apologized over a hundred times even though I told her it was alright. It took some time for me to trust her as well, but it was worth it.

I moved house. Partially because I wanted to be closer to my dad, but it was mainly because of PJ. I couldn't bare the memories the two of us shared in that flat. We hadn't spoken since the day he left. Neither of us tried to make contact, but I that didn't stop me from thinking about him all the time. I missed him everyday. Both Taylor and my dad encouraged me to call him, but I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't bring myself to that much pain.

One day I was going through some old photographs PJ had taken. Somehow they ended up in one of my boxes and I happened to come across them. As I looked at them I realized just how much life wasn't like the movies.

If life were like a movie, PJ and I would have had a cliche scene where the two of us were stuck in the rain, professing our undying love for each other. He would tell me how he could never love anyone but me and I would say how much of an idiot I was to let him go. Then there would be slow motion kiss that would send of a thousand fireworks and everything would be okay.

Problem was, my life wasn't a movie. The guys wasn't going to chase after me. There would me no kiss or confession of love. PJ wasn't coming back.

Or so I had thought...

--

"Yes dad I'm fine!" I said into the receiver.

"Are you sure? I don't have to go you know." He said worriedly.

I smiled. "Dad, I'm 21 years old. I can take care of myself."

I could hear him sigh heavily through the phone. My father and his family were going on a trip to Cannes. They invited me, but I couldn't get time off work.

"What are you going to be doing then?" He asked.

"Eat junk food and vegetate in front of the tv. I'll probably invite Taylor as well."

My dad chuckled. "That's my girl."

My fingers twirled the end of my blanket. "I love you Dad."

"I love you to Princess. Be safe please?"

"I always am."

"You know I'm entitled to be worried, right?" He sighed.

My smile grew. "I am well aware. But you also know I'm entitled to tell you that I am a grown woman who can take care of herself."

"Alright, Alright!" He laughed again. "I have to go now. Flights about to board. I'll call you when we land. Bye Princess."

"Bye dad! Have a safe flight." I hung up and threw my phone onto my couch.

Not even a minute later I picked up the phone again. First thing I did was order a pizza. I was tired from my week at work and did not feel like cooking. Once the order was placed, my next call was to Taylor.

"Sup Loser?" Was the first thing she said when answering the phone.

I shook my head and let out a quiet laugh. "Hi Taylor."