two.

It's that time. The first day of senior year. Again.

"Can't believe I have to do this for the second fucking time." Taehyung grunts as he gets some toast from the kitchen.

"Well, it's not like you were a model student last year." Seokjin swishes egg yolk on a silver pan, hovering slightly over the gas stove.

"What're you talking about?" Taehyung turns his head with an offended raised brow, "I was fine."

The tall brunette ejects a hearty laugh and flips his egg before looking at the younger. He sees the deadpanned expression on Taehyung's face and purses his lips, "Oh, you're serious."

He uses the metallic spatula to place the eggs on a plate and hums, "Alright, well let's see." He grabs salt and pepper from the counter, "You hardly passed any of your classes, never studied, never slept.." He pauses his actions before stroking his imaginary facial hair, "and I don't recall you ever doing a homework assignment that involved a writing portion."

"Oh fuck off." Taehyung narrows his eyes at the grinning man, a small urge to frown forming in the chest. He turns his head back to the toaster when the two bread slices pop up. He gently grabs the toast and places them on a stray paper towel. He knows this day isn't something to joke about nor is it anybody's fault but his own. He just doesn't want to hear it from his own brother.

"Whatever. I'm going to get my shit together this time." He says with as if he were making a promise, to himself, to Seokjin. He doesn't know. "For real."

"Sure." Seokjin chuckles and nods. He places his dishes in the sink and glances up. "Shit. You're going to be late, hurry up and eat. You have to get to school ." He curses as soon as his eyes lands on the clock on the oven.

"Yeah, yeah." Taehyung took a bite of his toast, swiftly turning around to Seokjin, "I think I've hated you since birth." He says with a humorous scold while reaching for a fork. 

"You wouldn't be able to walk if it wasn't for me." 

"You pushed me off the bed when I was like one! The only reason I walked was so I could run away from you."

"Still counts."

Taehyung grunts and stabs the fork into the brunette's eggs, quickly eating as much as he could fit. He hears Seokjin gasp before shoving him, "You rat, oh my god!" He clutches the plate. Taehyung smirks, flashing a manicured middle finger to the young man's face, "Get out of here." Seokjin swats his hand away with a scowl.

Taehyung grabs a black, slightly worn leather jacket off a white chair nearby and slips his arms in the sleeves. It layers loosely on his silk green shirt. Taehyung decided this morning that it would be a shame to show up to his first day of school underdressed. "I'm leaving but not because you told me to."

"Yeah, whatever." Seokjin rolls his eyes.

The two live together in their shared white penthouse. They're brothers, Taehyung being the youngest. Seokjin doesn't hesitate reminding him of it either. The young successful chef tends to -- in Taehyung's words-- baby him.

Their parents are constantly abroad, partnering with international companies. Taehyung isn't quite knowledgeable of what exactly takes place during those trips but with the large amount of allowance they give him and his brother, he tends not to pry. The most he knows is that his father specializes in producing and selling vehicles. He remembers the first time he saw one of the many car shops owned by his father. Nothing but luxury was in them. Many years later and Taehyung finds himself interested in mechanics. He even went so far as to build his very own motorcycle, with the help of a few friends of course.

With that, the couple hasn't been a big factor in the two young men's life. Every few months, they'd show up at random, trying to check up on the boys. 

That's how it's been for years. Taehyung tries not to take it to heart, Seokjin not so much. They both know that the distance between them and their parents are only for their wellbeing but that doesn't stop grudges from being formed.

Nevertheless, Seokjin, as the eldest brother, has always looked out for Taehyung. Well, as much as he possibly could. Taehyung wasn't the easiest person to deal with but he's kind at heart, he always is.

"Oh, and goodluck with that tutor. I heard he's a tough one-" Seokjin stops when he turns and sees Taehyung already exiting the front door. He hears the door slam and sighs.

                            ~

Taehyung gets off his motorcycle and approaches the school. As he walks to the front of the school he notices many of the other students looking at him with red cheeks. Some giggling, and some whispering to their friends with a smirk plastered on their faces. Frustratingly enough, Taehyung doesn't know why.

Instead of showing them attention, he places his earphones in his ears.

The moment he went to the front office he was met with a person he knows oh too well. The principal.

"Mr. Kim, glad to see you're back." The short, young woman says sarcastically.

Her name is Ms. Torres. Taehyung and her have never had a pleasant interaction. Taehyung particularly recalls one of the many times he was sent to the woman's office. He was there due to taking part in an altercation with a student from another class. And in that altercation, Taehyung might've accidentally broke the boy's nose. It just so happened that that same boy was nobody other than Angel Torres.

Ms. Torres' nephew.

Safe to say, kind words weren't a common exchange between the two.

"Glad to be back." He replies with twice the sarcasm.

The principal purses her lips at that, "So, as you may have been informed, you'll be having a year round tutor." She says as she leads the younger into her office down the hall.

"You can cancel this tutor the moment your grades are up to expectations. That is, if you want. Many previous students that went through your situation, kept their tutors regardless." She continues, "And- ah, I guess you already know this information."

The younger hums in response, seeming uninterested in this whole conversation.

"In here." The smaller gestures to her office.

The pair enters the large office. Immediately, Taehyung sees a brunette, about the same height as him- maybe taller by a few centimeters. The two made eye contact, Taehyung notices how the boy stands with confident posture.

The sharp gaze the boy holds, along with his fit and curvy figure. Taehyung notices it all. The boy's hair is combed loosely out of his face. His hair is brown but Taehyung can tell he had red hair dyed a while ago, judging by the deep red undertones that shined subtly under the light. He's wearing a black fitted shirt layered with a black and white layered button-up.

It's a laughable contrast to Taehyung's tight leather pants paired with his tailored silk green turtleneck. Taehyung's wearing emerald earrings and his blonde mullet cut is curled softly into a hypnotizing fluff. Laughable contrast, indeed.

"Uh, Taehyung meet Jeongguk ." The principal breaks the awkward silence.

Neither of the boys speaks up. She sighs, "I'll leave you two alone to get acquainted. You have about 20 minutes, nothing more. And please, don't start to argue the moment I leave." She says tiredly as if this has happened one too many times before. She turns on the heels of her wedges and exits.

"Uh- I'm Taehyung." Taehyung reaches for a handshake.

"Jeongguk." The boy took his hand.

"So.. tutor, huh?"

"Yeah.."