Chapter 5

"And you thought I couldn't see what was in your backpack," chuckled Thomas. He then pointed at himself, saying, "With eyes like mine, I can see just about anything."

I couldn't say anything more. I just stared in awe at the giant talking rat in front of me.

"We can talk later," grumbled Mr. Harrison.

Thomas suddenly got back into action. "Oh yeah, the rat cannon."

"The what?" I asked.

Thomas didn't answer. He brought his arm in a downward motion. As he did so, something mechanical that was already attached to his arm started to move towards his palm. It settled in his palm, and raised it forward like one of Iron Man's hand thingies. His whole paw started to glow with a dark shade of blue.

With a quick charge, the same kind of blast shot out of Thomas's paw in an explosion of blue light. The wall in front of us came crashing down as large pieces of concrete were propelled into the parking lot.

"Time to go," Thomas said triumphantly, and waved for us to walk through the wreckage he created. Our paces increased as we heard loud thumping on the mirror, and pounding on the entrance to the interrogation room.

A loud smashing sound echoed throughout the room, just was we were hopping onto the parking lot. The officers must have been able to enter the room. We took that as our que to run as fast as we could...with Thomas obviously ahead of us.

Out of curiosity, I turned my head slightly, wanting to see if there were any officers behind me. Butterflies immediately started flying around in my stomach, as I noticed that one of the officers already had his weapon drawn.

"Thomas!" I yelled, hoping he would turn around and see the officer behind me.

It was too late, however.

I suddenly felt something push against my right shoulder. It was like someone set a nail onto my shoulder blade, and hit it has hard as they could with a hammer. The only thing I heard was thick cracking sound, then complete silence for a few seconds.

Once I regained my hearing, the pain came rushing in.

For a second, I thought that I was getting electrocuted. Pain shot through my body, making me immediately slow down.

I flinched as a wave of heat flew by me. Looking up, I could see Thomas, with his palm faced towards the station. I didn't turn around, because I could hear the explosion that followed...and the screams that came afterwards. Instead, I put my hand forward in an attempt to gain Thomas's attention.

Thomas kept his paw aimed at the station, but moved towards me.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna..." I slurred, as I looked downward. I could feel liquid trailing down my legs. "I'm...I'm bleeding," I muttered as I tried to move forward.

Thomas moved to me, and picked me up. "Whoa, that's a lot of blood," he muttered as he started running. Pain shot through my body every single time Thomas moved his legs, but I wasn't complaining. At least I had a ride.

"How is he?" Mr. Harrison asked, as they continued running.

I looked up, only seeing the sky, and then closed my eyes as they started to get heavier. "I'm alright," I said, not opening my eyes.

"He's losing blood," Thomas said in between heavy breaths. "We need to disappear, and we need to do it now."

"We can split up," Mr. Harrison said. "You're faster anyway. Once you've shaken the cops, try to see if you can get him back on his feet. You know where to take him, right?"