1

Ryder's eyes adjusted to the new light coming in through his window as his dad pesters him to get up. "Ryder, you gotta get up. Don't want to be late." Ryder did in fact, want to be late. Actually, he'd rather not go at all. "Ryder, let's go." ignoring his father, Ryder pulls the duvet over his head and rolls over so that his back is facing his father. The parent in this situation, sighs heavily. "I'll be back in five, you need to get up." Ryder smirks, of course, his dad can't see it, but he can only imagine it's there. 

Forty minutes later, Ryder is sitting at his dining room table,making sure he has all his stuff together. He is so not looking forward to this. "You ready to go bud?" His dad calls as he walks down the hall. Ryder let's out a loud huff and shakes his head when his dad walks in. "No." He could not possibly, be dreading this more. Yet his father seems rather excited for him to be starting over. "That sucks, get your ass in the car." So Ryder grabs his backpack and walks out the door, a scowl etched onto his face like it was meant to be there.

When they pull up to the school Ryder get's out of the car almost before it's even stopped. "See ya Dad." and then he's already half way to the doors before his dad can get a word in. Walking through the doors Ryder can almost tell that he's going to hate it here. Instead of turning around and leaving like his mind is so helpfully suggesting, he marches into the office, pretending to be the coolest kid on the planet. He is. 

"What can I help you with?" The secretary asks, her voice kind and gentle. Ryder offers a small smile. "I'm new here. Ryder Canova." He informs her, and she nods lightly, quickly typing on her computer before humming quietly in acknowledgement of the information she's reading off the monitor. "Your first period is history in room 209, the principle was supposed to show you to your class. Wait here?" Ryder nods, wishing for this day to go by fast. He hates being new somewhere. It makes him feel like he'll be the center of attention until people will get used to it. Which he probably will be.

"Mr. Canova?" Ryder looks up to see a tall man in a black suit giving him a kind smile. "I'm Mr. Thomas" He beckons for Ryder to follow him out of the office and into the hallway. "Ryder, before I take you to your first class, we need you to know the rules. Their pretty basic." Ryder wants to roll his eyes, but he refrains and just nods at Mr. Thomas' words. "First, we expect you to be respectful of staff and students, and to refrain from causing fights. Second, no illegal drugs on school property, no vandalism, no stealing, and no destruction of property. Got it?" Ryder sighs audibly. "Sure, I got it." Mr. Thomas gives him a skeptical look, but continues down the hallway, Ryder following. 

"Class, this our new student, Ryder Canova. Please be respectful and welcome him kindly." The principle whispers something to the teacher and turns back to Ryder with a grin. "Have a good first day." Ryder shrugs and adjusts his backpack strap. The teacher turns to Ryder and gives him a warm and welcoming smile. Ryder is really fed up with the welcome smiles already. "Hi Ryder, I'm Ms. Martin. Welcome to Beacon Hills High, why don't you have a seat?" Ryder sits down in the second row to the back, hoping people will just ignore him. They do.

After first period Ryder get's confused on where he's supposed to be going. unsure of whether his next class is downstairs of upstairs, but he doesn't want to ask. He's prefer not to socialize with anyone today if that's possible. "You lost?" a voice asks over his shoulder and Ryder turns around to see an average height black boy giving him a confident smile. Ryder nods, sizing the kid up, giving a lazy half shrug and looking back down at his schedule. "Depends on your definition of the word." The boy in front of him chuckles softly. "I'm Mason, can I see your schedule?" Ryder runs a hand through his hair, handing the boy his timetable. "Math, your going to the same place as me, come on." Ryder is a little thankful for the help. Just a little.

Class went fine, Mason tried making small talk and even introduced him to his friends, Garrett and Violet. Their pretty cool. Not as annoying as he thought they would be. "You want to sit with us?" Mason asks as they walk into the cafeteria. Ryder shrugs nonchalantly. "I got no one else to sit with." Mason beams and leads him to where Garrett, Violet and some blond boy are sitting. he sits beside Mason and across from the blond. who looks up, his eyes are a bright blue, the color of a swimming pool in mid afternoon. Ryder raises his eyebrows at the kid when he gives him an expectant look. "Liam, this is Ryder, he's in our history class?" Mason says when Liam looks like he hasn't ever seen Ryder before. Ryder didn't notice this kid in history though. Maybe he wasn't paying attention. "I skipped history." Liam says like Mason should remember him not being there. Masons eyes go wide. "Oh, right." He smiles sheepishly but almost immediately starts grinning again. "I'm going to get food. Who's coming?"  Everyone else nods except Liam who already has his food. "Cool, I'm starving."  Ryder stands up and follows the three towards the lineup, quickly getting his food, glad his dad gave him money, and walks back to the table.

"So, Ryder, where are you from?" Garrett asks, tilting his head slightly. Everyone else looks at Ryder too, expecting an answer. "Boston." Garrett nods and picks a french fry off his plate. "What's it like there?" He asks, sounding pretty interested. "It's cool, I don't really know how to explain it, a lot more busy than Beacon Hills, and there are a lot more " Mason decides to speak up too. "That's expected, Beacon Hills is only a small town." Ryder nods and picks at his food, stealing a glance at Liam who's already half finished his food but is paying attention to the conversation.  "Why'd you move?" Liam asks, the first time he's asked a question or even spoken this entire conversation. "Cause I got kicked out of school." He says it like he's proud, his bluntness probably ruining the conversation. "Oh." Liam says, eyes slightly wide. "How'd you do that?" His eyebrows are raised as though challenging Ryder to answer and Ryder doesn't like that. "Does it matter? It happened." Mason nods, his expression all awkward, as if he has a question that he's worried Ryder will flip out over. So he ignores it. "Liam here, was kicked out of school too." Garrett says with a grin, patting the boy on the shoulder. Liam growls and  swats his hand away in annoyance. "Woah, chill tiger." Violet says, raising her hands. "How'd you get kicked out?" Ryder says gesturing to Liam with a jerk of his head, a small smirk plastered onto his face. Liam takes a deep breath, as if to calm himself. Ryder finds that somewhat weird but decides against commenting on it. "Nothing." His voice has annoyance bleeding through and he looks uncomfortable. "Doesn't sound like nothing." Ryder pushes, making Liam's fists clench harder. "Well it is nothing." He growls, and Mason sighs. "Liam it's fine just chill okay?" Violet tells him, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. Liam seems to realize he's clenching his fists and takes another calming breath. That's it. "Let me guess, you got kicked out because you can't control your temper, right?" Liam's fists clench again and Ryder knows he's hit the nail on the head. "That's interesting, How bad was the, shall we say, 'accident'?" 

Liam jumped up from his seat tackled Ryder, punching him square in the jaw. "Say that again." He challenged, fist raised. Ryder laughed loudly, kneeing Liam in the side and pushing him away. Ryder proceeds to sit over Liam, punching the boy twice, giving him a serious black eye. "You can tell me Liam, I won't judge." Liam struggles to get free against Ryder's hold on him, and people are crowding around them, new kid and some Freshman got into a fight. oh great. Suddenly Ryder is pulled off Liam forcefully, and Liam stands up, trying to move to attack Ryder, but is held back by Garrett. "Liam, calm down!" He shouts, keeping his hold on the boy strong. Mason let's go of Ryder, who continues to laugh like all this is funny, which it is to him.

"What was that?" Mason questions, raising his hands in exasperation.  Ryder shrugs, his signature smirk still plastered onto his face. "That was fun." Mason laughs humorlessly. "That was crazy." That just makes Ryder's smile grow. "What's life without a little insanity?" 

***
A/N: First chapter done, I'm not that good with introductions. I apologize. It will get better!