20.

"The name is dumb, but the contraption might work."

Quiver

Chapter 20; The Man In the Yellow Suit

"Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, ring-ting tingle-ing, too," Charlotte sang along with her Christmas radio as she decorated her house. "Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you." A sharp ring from her phone startled her, making her drop an ornament on the ground. She let out a small yelp and jumped back in surprise when it shattered by her feet. Luckily, it wasn't one that held any sentiment. She just bought it to make her tree have more ornaments. 

Her phone started ringing again, and she carefully stepped over the glass pieces to reach it. She pressed the green button before bringing it up to her ear and greeting the other person on the phone.

"Hey, are you coming down to S.T.A.R. Labs today seeing as you work here?" she heard Cisco ask through the phone. Charlotte walked into her kitchen where her calendar was hanging up. SHe made a sharp inhale before she responded.

"Yeah, I just completely forgot what day it was. I'll be there in like thirty minutes or less... hopefully." Charlotte hung up the phone before running into her room and finding something clean to wear. "I hate laundry day," she muttered as she looked through her closet to find something. After grabbing a white jumper with black leggings, she grabbed black heels and her mother's gold necklace before grabbing her purse, keys, and phone. She tried not to trip and fall as she ran towards her car.

Just like she promised, she was at S.T.A.R. Labs in a little less than thirty minutes. She went inside and apologized profusely to Dr. Wells when she set her stuff down on her chair.

"Merry Christmas," she heard Barry say. She turned around with a smile on her face and pulled a few blonde strands of hair off of her lips that was there from her running around. "Just a small token of my gratitude," he started as he handed gifts to each of them, "for everything you guys have done for me this year."

"Thank you, Barry," Charlotte smiled up at him when he reached her last. He smiled back, looking into her vibrant blue eyes before not only remembering Oliver's words, but there were other people in the room. He took a step backwards and looked at the others with a smile.

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues when I say you've been a gift for us, Barry," Dr. Wells told him. 

"What's that?" Caitlin asked as Barry took another thing out of his bag.

"This is compliments of Iris - Grandma Esther's famous eggnog."

"That's what I'm talking about," Cisco exclaimed.

"Maybe later for me. Wouldn't want to drink and drive," Dr. Wells said as he wheeled out of the Cortex. Barry looked at him before turning to the other three.

"Did I say something wrong?" he whispered.

"No."

"No, man. He, um - this used to be his favorite time of year, but the accident happened before Christmas, so... kind of ruined the holidays," Cisco explained.

"I'm gonna go get him a present. Maybe that'll cheer him up. Thank you very much." Caitlin walked out of the Cortex with her gift.

"So what are you doing for Christmas, Cisco?" Barry asked to change the topic. Charlotte stifled a laugh as she walked over towards the computers. "What's so funny?"

Charlotte looked up at him and smirked. "Nothing." Barry looked at her for a few seconds before shaking his head and turning back to Cisco who was watching the two with a dopey grin on his face.