43.

Dr. Wells stepped through the force-field, and Charlotte immediately nocked an arrow on the bow string. She raised it up, aiming at Dr. Wells' chest.

Quiver

Chapter 43; Always One Step Ahead

The next day, Charlotte, Cisco, Barry, Eddie, and Joe were all down where Cisco's machine was. They were staring at the vibrating figure of the Reverse-Flash, even though it wasn't really him. It was a hologram.

The four were explaining to Eddie what Wells had done with Cisco's trap, and he was very confused. Charlotte didn't blame him. Cisco had used a lot of science and engineering jargon that a person who hadn't ever studied the terms would never know what that meant.

As the five stood in front of the hologram, Eddie was double-checking what he understood about Cisco's explanation to make sure that he actually knew what was going on.

"So, Wells set up a fake showdown with a fake opponent who was never really there?" he asked the group. Barry was staring at the 'Reverse-Flash' as he answered the blond.

"He figured if we saw both of them together it would prove that he wasn't The Man in Yellow," explained Barry.

"This all just keeps getting crazier and crazier," commented Eddie as the elevator door started opening. Cisco was quick to shut down the machine, but everyone visibly relaxed when they saw that it was Caitlin entering.

"I just talked to Dr. Wells," she informed as she strode into the room. "He's attending a lecture downtown - won't be back until 5:00."

"Alright, Cisco, you know when he gets here you need to be working on the trap so he sees you set off the hologram," reminded Charlotte, as she rested a gentle hand on her friend's shoulder. Just the soft touch of her comfort made him relax, but only slightly.

"Hold on," Joe cut in, "isn't that, in your dream, when everything went all..." The older man trailed off, gesturing towards Cisco with one of his hands to finish the explanation that he didn't know how to finished.

"Kali Ma. Temple of Doom. Yeah, that definitely happened. But this time, I'm ready for him. I originally designed the force field to keep a speedster from getting out," he started, walking into the trap. "But I've reversed it. Now it won't let one in."

Cisco pressed a button on his phone, and a red and white light lit up around the machine he was standing in. It quickly disappeared before Cisco used one finger to gesture to Barry to come to him. Barry ordered the others to back up before running at the Ramon man. Barry hit the force field and was sent flying in another direction. Being Barry, he had hit one of the only other objects in the room.

And it was metal.

"Barry, are you okay?" Caitlin asked as Charlotte let out a small laugh. She couldn't help it, but it was funny to her. When she realized that Barry was still on the ground, she walked over to make sure that he wasn't too injured.

"It works," groaned Barry, still lying on the ground. Joe gave Barry a hand to help him stand up as Cisco started talking to the group again.

"Okay, as long as I'm inside, Wells won't be able to get near me."

"And Charlotte and I will be in the Cortex, watching and recording everything that happens," informed Caitlin, earning a nod from the blonde.

"And as soon as we get the confession we need to free my dad, I'm moving in," Barry added.

Eddie looked between the other five before asking, "So what do I do?"

"Wells also threatened Iris," Joe told him, earning a shocked look from Charlotte. She had no idea about that. "If something goes wrong here, we need you to keep an eye on her until Wells in neutralized."