Epilogue

Reese panted and cried out as Kenneth moved behind her.

"Come on, harder!" she said. "You have to really work..." Her voice trailed off as lights danced in her eyes. She blinked and glanced over her shoulder.

Kenneth was sweating, tendons in his neck popping. "Is this right?" His hands moved down her back. He yanked the strings to her corset again, and suddenly she couldn't breathe.

"No, not that tight. Just a little bit...less."

She tried to take a deep breath, but the costume held her ribs like a medieval torture device. The moment he loosened the ties, she gulped in air.

"Let me see," he said. The sleeves of Kenneth's chemise flowed over his wrists, and he flicked them back as she faced him. "Oh, your breasts, Reese. I can't, I—"

She checked her chest only to see her breasts overflowing from the satin cloth. "Wow. Is that right?"

"It's not wrong, if you're asking my opinion."

"I mean, is it supposed to be so wanton?"

Kenneth smiled wryly, appraising her from arm's length. "The costume is called Renaissance maiden, for off the shoulder seduction. I would say it fits the bill."

He was still in his jeans, but he wore a loose linen shirt. It hung slightly open at his chest, showing off his masculine upper body quite well. "You know, if you're going for historical accuracy, a Ren Faire is not exactly known for being authentic. Far from it."

"Criticism for our first Ren Faire coming from the guy who dressed up like a Vulcan six years in a row for the Comic Con," she said. She adjusted her sleeves to fall off her shoulders.

He took a deep breath, jaw clenched. "I might not make it very long at this festival. Your maiden costume is causing a certain physiological reaction which is difficult to control."

Reese beckoned him nearer. "Then maybe you should do something about it before we go..."

*** The End. Thank you for reading. ***