Kirstin's P.O.V.- Present Day

I sit back in my chair, smiling in triumph at the freshly painted, circular symbol in front of me. Completely flat, save for six dents in the metal that I knew needed the be left alone. It wasn't something I was told, more of an unspoken rule between all the people who have fixed the shield.

I hear the slight giggle of a baby girl, and the gurgling sound of her brother, before I see any of the four people that enter the Void, turning to face the family when they finally make it to the doorway. I roll my eyes at Tony, who was holding his little girl in his arms, letting the eight-month-old tug on his goatee, giggling loud when he groans in pain, "Look at this! My daughter is already laughing at my discomfort, and she's not even a teenager yet. This goes to show that you, my little Spawn, are spending too much time with your cousins."

"Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that babies have odd obsessions with facial hair, and has nothing to do with liking the idea of your discomfort. Though, Clary told me babies can often sense feelings like apprehension, discomfort, and stress." I begin to clean up my workspace, putting the paints away.

Artemis Amelia Stark-Rogers and Apollo James Stark-Rogers, (Apparently, Tony saw an opening to be a complete Greek mythology nerd: hence the names) the twin children of Tony and Steve, were eight months old and hellions, at least in my opinion. Not in the sense that they need to be held all the time, or that they scream a lot, more on the fact that they are so hyper and independent at the same time. They had just learned to crawl, making watching them a lot harder of a task, considering the Compound is not always super safe. We have baby gates up in nearly every room, keeping the dangerous ones off limits twenty-four seven, "Nothing to do with that at all, it's all your fault."

I pause, turning to roll my eyes in an over-exaggerated fashion, "I'll be sure to keep that in mind when it's my night to cook." I mimic a spitting motion grabbing the shield carefully, setting it on a high shelf. "Give it a day or two to dry, then you can have it back. I had to buy special paint for that, you better be happy."

"I would thank you, but I'm nearly positive you took on the work so you don't have to talk to anybody," Steve replies easily setting his son down and moving toward me.

I turn carefully, moving to lock up the paint cabinet and set the Polaroid camera on top of it, "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Mhm," Steve states simply, laughing slightly at Apollo. He was pressing his face against the window, attempting to look down at the ground, giggling like a maniac. Artemis was behind him, valiantly trying to climb onto the rather tall couch.

"Okay, as stimulating as this conversation is, it is not why we are here. I wanted to let you know that I made a phone call to a friendish... to an acquaintance. He agreed to help train you to the best of his abilities, involving your magic. Clint is also coming back into town, actually, he and his family are going to be moving in since the farm has been compromised by government idiots." Tony explains, eyes focused on the two children rather than me, which was basically how any conversation with them in the room went. He was freakishly focused on making sure everything about their time spent together, and their childhood is perfect. He had begun to stop doing it as much, understanding that he can't control everything that is going to happen, but it still happened often.

I sharp pain pulses through my head during the time it takes for me to process everything Tony had said. My balance falters slightly, the pulse growing stronger. I grip the table harshly, a slight grunt leaving my lips as I force myself back into a standing position, shaking my head slightly. Bad idea, that made it worse. I speak quickly, trying my best to sound normal, but my voice sounded particularly gruff, cracking slightly mid-sentence, "Okay. I'm gonna go to my room, when am I supposed to meet him."