"I'll do it. But you have to come with me. I don't wanna do this alone and we're gonna ask your mom about your dad because you deserve to know yours to."

"No b--"

"I'll do it." I said nodding making him know I'm fine with doing it. He walked over to me and handed me my phone.

**

We walked up to this shelter that was at this park by our house. Anthony wanted to meet there and he said he was fine with Zachariah being there.

We walked up to the picnic table and sat down. Anthony looked at me and smiled.

"Hey pumpkin."

"Pumpkin?" I asked making a weird face. "Already got weird nicknames?"

He chuckled and shook his head, "No that's what I used to call you all the time."

"You didn't know me."

"When your grandma used to keep you I would also go over there to see you when you were like two" he said making me raise one eyebrow

"Why you stop?" Zachariah asked butting in for me .

Anthony looked at me and laughed , "Your mom forgot something in your backpack one day and she busted a u-turn one day and pulled up at the same time . You didn't go to your grandma house and a long time and your mama told the cops I violated my restraining order. They didn't take me to jail I just had to pay a fee. Till this day your mama keep renewing the restraining order but now it's your choice"

I scratched the back of my head and nodded , "so you tried and tried but she wouldn't let you"

"Azariah , you don't know how mad I was when your mother did that I always wanted a girl especially by your mother because of how independent she was and I knew she would pass that to you . The only thing I ain't like about your mother was how petty she could become." He stopped and shook his head. "Look I'm sorry alright. I didn't think me cheating on your mother would come to this . Me and your mother when going through things but that didn't make it right . I'm sorry for putting you through the things of not having a father and I promise you if—"

I cut him off and shook my head , "look ... I can't take my anger out of you because you tried it was my moms fault. If I can forgive her and I can most def forgive you . And besides I'm tryna grow up and stop holding grudges."

He smiled than looked down at my finger, "engaged by him ?"

"Yes and before you judge he's the one who persuaded me to come meet you because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here" he chuckled and looked at Zachariah.

"Thanks man. I appreciate ya."

"No problem . My father wasn't in my life either and he's not making an effort either and you are so why shouldn't she hear what you have to say." He explained making me roll my eyes. "Do I have your approval of marrying your daughter"

"My daughter makes smart decisions so if she says yes I say yes." I smiled and nodded. "And don't think this nice boy act finna continue cause I hate this shit"

I laughed and shook my head, "be yourself pops"

***
"I talked to pops." I said blurting our to Almuerzo as he was rubbing Georgia belly. He stopped and frozed.

"Pops? For what?" He asked rolling his eyes. "You believe that scrub?"

"Moms put a restraining order on him. You tried seeing me when I was younger but moms caught him and told. I can tell he's just like you bub." I said making him raise one eyebrow.