A Cool Date (Hyunjin)

"Do I look okay?" you asked your older brother Chan.

He looked you up and down before giving you a nod of approval.

This wasn't your first time going on a date, but it was the first time going on a date where you liked the person back.  When guys asked you out, you were too nice to reject them.  However, you'd just tell them beforehand that you'd only go on one date.  This time, a guy named Hwang Hyunjin had asked you out.  He wasn't really like the other boys.  Even though he was incredibly handsome, he never acknowledged it.  He was also captain of the soccer team, but he never bragged about his position.

You put some chapstick on, checking yourself one more time in the mirror.  Chan smiled at you, shaking his head.  Your older brother couldn't believe how fast you had grown up.  He remembered the days you used to lay down on the floor and throw tantrums, and now here you were going on a date with a guy.  

"Which coat should I wear?" you asked, holding up two options.  One was a bright, hot pink and the other was more of a lackluster beige.  

Chan pointed to the pink one.  "It'll make you look more alive."

You thanked your brother for his snarky opinion while hastily slipping into the coat.  You weren't sure what you were doing for your date, but you wanted to look nice nonetheless.  All Hyunjin had ever seen you in was school uniform.  

"Alright, let's drop you off," Chan beamed, grabbing his keys. 

Before you knew it, you were standing in front of an ice skating rink.  Your face paled.  You had no idea how to ice skate.  To be honest, you were one of those people who tripped over air while walking.  Ice skating was going to be a mess.  

"What?  You can't ice skate?" Chan read your panicked expression.  

"Nope.  I've never been," you bit your bottom lip, thinking of a way to back out.

Chan smiled, shaking his head.  "I like this Hyunjin guy already.  He's a smart boy.  Well, call me if things go wrong, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.  Have fun!"  With that, your brother sped away, leaving you alone in front of the rink.

Seconds later, you felt someone tap you on the shoulder, and you whirled around to see Hyunjin.  He wore a large gray hoodie and sweatpants, and even in such simple clothing, he looked so attractive.

"You ready?" he asked, and your eyes fluttered nervously.  "It's okay if you can't skate.  I'll teach you."

"You won't make fun of me, right?"

Hyunjin smiled warmly.  "Well, I'll probably laugh if you fall, but it happens to the best of us."

Weirdly enough, you liked his answer.  He was definitely better than the other guys you had gone out on dates with.  All of them had tried their hardest to impress you and get you to like them, but you had been honest with them.  You couldn't force yourself to like someone.  But with Hyunjin, it came so naturally.  

He handed you a pair of ice skates.  "Need help putting them on?" 

You shook your head.  "I got it."  But after you had laced them up, Hyunjin bent down to redo them, claiming they were too loose and that you would definitely fall flat on your face if he didn't tighten them for you.

Hyunjin stepped onto the rink, extending a hand to help you on as well.  You were honestly so nervous that your hands were shaking, but Hyunjin was patient with you, helping you slowly inch onto the ice.  

"See?  You did it!  Now, you just gotta hold on."

Wait, what?  You gripped his hand tightly as he took off, you being pulled along.  He zigzagged past adults and kids until he reached a section of the rink that was relatively empty.  

"I can teach you here, and when you feel confident enough, we can go back to the main area," Hyunjin suggested, and you nodded, feeling more at ease already.

He taught you the basics, and within the hour, you were able to wobble slowly.  "Try and catch me!" he teased, speeding away, and you staggered after him, laughing as snow began to fall.  A snowflake landed on your nose, making you shiver.  

Hyunjin smiled, skating over to you.  He slowly intertwined his fingers with yours before putting your hand in the pocket of his hoodie, and you felt a blush creep onto your cheeks.  Just then, a kid bumped into you from behind, and you closed your eyes, waiting to fall flat on your face, but you never did.  When you did open your eyes, you were staring into Hyunjin's own, and you caught his eyes glance down at your lips.  

But before you could decide whether you were going to let him kiss you right then and there, he straightened himself out. 

"Well that was a close one," he chuckled as your eyes met his, and instantly, you felt disappointed.  You felt stupid for expecting him to actually kiss you.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked slowly.  "You look really cold and pale.  Maybe we should go inside for a few minutes and grab some hot chocolate."

You silently followed him off the ice and into the fireside lounge where the hot chocolate was.  Your hands were so cold that they felt like blocks of ice.  Hyunjin handed you a cup of hot cocoa.  

"Drink this.  It'll help you warm up," he smiled, and you gratefully took the cup from him, sipping the drink slowly.  You tried to push what just happened out of your mind, but your thoughts wouldn't budge.

"Did you want me to kiss you back there?" Hyunjin asked plainly.  

"What?  Um, did you want to kiss me back there?" you flipped the question on him. 

Hyunjin rubbed your cold hands to warm them up.  "Not really.  I didn't want to kiss you in front of all those people, but now that there's no one here-"  He cut himself off to kiss you, and you eagerly let his lips meld with yours.  You were never this sure about any guy before.  But you knew you wanted to keep Hyunjin around for sure.

---

A/N: Thanks @CB97bangtanfiree for requesting a Hyunjin date imagine!  I honestly think going on an ice skating date would be so cute! ... minus the fact that I would be falling over everywhere lol! 

Question of the imagine: What is your ideal date??  For me, I think it would be eating a casual dinner and then going for a walk on the beach under the moonlight.  It just seems very calming and super nice!