Chapter 4: Suspicious Cousins

Start from the beginning

"Back off!" I accidently snap.

Erasa stopped in her tracks. "Huh?"

Gohan broke out in a cold sweat as his eyes focused on me. Videl seemed a litttle surprised but said nothing. Sharpner just blinked and raised an eyebrow. I, not noticing the scene I was causing, kept glaring at the cheerful Erasa.

"Are you feeling alright, Tania?" Asks the concerned blue-eyed girl.

Remembering that everyone assumed Gohan and I were cousins, I instantly released my 'cousin's' arm.

"We're coming, Coach!" I exclaim, squeezing onto the baseball bat's handle and heading back to the plate with a light jog. I needed a excuse to get out of that situation quickly.

I need to watch it. By the way I acted, they could've easily decipher that I was-

I slowed my jog to a stop.

"Jealous..." I spoke in a soft voice.

"You should really head back to your positions, you guys." I overhear Gohan recommend to our friends.

A matter of seconds later, the pitcher was now right beside me.

"What was that all about back there?" Gohan questions.

I blushed and turned my eyes away from him.

I don't even want to think about it.

I twirled my hair, trying to think of something to say. Gohan still kept his eyes on me, waiting for me to spit out an explanation.

"Gohan! Tania!" Videl calls from left field. "Lets go already!"

"In a sec!" Gohan responds to her demand.

The demi-saiyan grinned widely then took his cap off and relocated it on my head. "The sun is really beating down on you today. Your face is turning red again. This probably has to be the seventh or eighth time since this class started. I really wish you didn't forget your baseball cap at home but you can wear mine till gym is over."

"But the sun isn't the reason why-" I begin but then stop after observing Gohan's face turning slowly red.

"Tania?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He tells me with a gentle yet quiet voice. The words he spoke and how he said them only made my blushing worse.

Oh no! Was it THAT obvious that I was jealous to the point that he figured it out?!

"When lunch starts, you're mine." Gohan finishes, flashing another smile before heading back to the pitcher's plate.

Now I could feel my heart working at full capacity. Every thud would feel like my heart would explode out of my chest.

M-Mine?! Did he really just say that? What does he mean by "You're mine when lunch begins?"

"GET OVER HERE ALREADY!" Practically everyone in my gym class screams at me.

I sighed. No need to yell my ears off...

Getting to the batters spot, I got into position once more. Gohan gave me a thumbs up, signaling me that he was ready. I also repeated what he did.

"Here goes nothing!" The pitcher says, throwing the ball with speed.

Twirling the bat, I smirked and awaited the striped speed ball.

"You better hit the ball!" Sharpner's loud voice ringed through my ears.