mother | 0.14

"So," I said with raised eyes brows. "Which one of you wants to tell us your hiding spot?"

~~~

"Well that was fun," Obi said with an amused grin as he wiped his hands.

"It sure was," I agreed with a laugh.

After a little 'convincing,' we managed to get some useful information out of those two idiots. Not only did we get their location, I also got to see a grown man cry, and by grown man I mean Jonah. It really didn't take much to make him talk. Big mouth. Cat Eyes and I are currently on our way back to the Laxdo base to report back to Zen. We thought about just going and taking care of the bandits ourselves but we decided against it. Since Obi is still trying to win Zen's trust, it's best we let him know first. Besides according to our friend Jonah, the 'Phantom Shadows' set up camp just a few miles south of the Laxdo base and plan to stay there for quite some time. 'Phantom Shadow' is there "new name." Sounds intimidating right? Such idiots.

"So," Obi said, breaking the silence, "tell me about yourself." That made me stop dead in my tracks.

"What exactly do you want to know?" I asked with a raised brow. He shrugged casually.

"We could start with your name." He too stopped walking and turned to look in my direction.

"Oh no. No, no, no. We are not doing this," I said with an unamused laugh. I continued to walk past him and he chuckled.

"Not doing...what exactly?" he asked with a playful smile.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Do not," he argued back, following behind me at a casual pace.

"Do to."

"Do not."

"Yes. You do."

"Do no-"

"Don't even say it," I said, gabbing a finger in his direction.

"Okay, okay," he laughed raising his hands in surrender. "But I still don't know what you mean." I sighed, rolling my eyes. I crossed my arms in front of my chest before speaking.

"Look. You and I aren't partners so there's no reason to get to know each other. Besides, I don't like people knowing much about me." I said matter-of-factly. I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just not ready for everyone, especially him, knowing me. Obi's laidback expression never faltered. He kept the same amused smile. I couldn't tell if he was insulted or didn't care.

"Ouch," he said as he also crossed his arms, mimicking my stance. "You should really work on your people skills."

That made me laugh. "That's funny coming from an assassin."

"Are we talking about you or me?" He asked sarcastically. I glared at him through squinted eyes and he did the same.

"Heh. You got me there," I said, relaxing back to a casual stance. "Come on slow poke. Let's get back to the base." I turned around and started walking again at a quicker pace. We need to try and be back before sundown.