her duties | 0.08

"And?" He smiled wide before answering.

"She passed."

~~~

My eyes widened and I had to stop myself from squealing with joy. She passed! I knew she could do it.

"Where is she," I asked Zen with excitement in my voice. "I need to congratulate her."

"I'm afraid she's busy right now adjusting to her new duties. I'm sure you'll be able to," he paused to yawn, "talk to her later." I watched as Zen struggled to keep his eyes open.

"Zen...maybe you should get some sleep."

"I agree," Kiki said, stepping forward. By the time she made it to where he was sitting, Zen was already asleep with his head resting against the wall behind him. She sighed before bending down to hoist him over her shoulder. "Boys," she whispered under her breath, shaking her head.

"Uh, do you want some help?"

She looked up at me and chuckled. "Don't worry about it. He weighs almost nothing."

"Somehow, I think I'd disagree," I said, slightly worried.

"I'll be fine," she said with a casual wave. I sighed. Guess I can't argue with that. I watched as she walked off, Zen hanging on her shoulders. She was able to handle his weight surprisingly well, which kind of scared me. I sweat dropped at the scene. Exactly how strong is she?

Once she was out of sight, I decided I should do some light training. Since I couldn't talk to Shirayuki yet, I would just use my time for something else. When I reached the training grounds, I caught sight of Mitsuhide restocking the wooden swords. 

"Hey, mind if I use one of those?" He looked up and saw me casually leaning against the wall.

"You think you can handle it?" he asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh please, I could take you on with or without one of those swords," I laughed. "Or do you need a reminder?" He raised an eyebrow at me and then snatched one of the swords, tossing it to me.

"You're on."

~~~

"Again," Mitsuhide said, getting up to retrieve his sword from where I kicked it. It's been a couple hours since Mitsuhide and I started training. We've been sparing non stop and he hasn't beaten me once.

"Calm down, Mitsuhide. Don't you think you're a little old to be fighting like this?" I asked in a taunting manner. I'm not exactly sure how old Mitsuhide is, but I know he's at least a few years older than I am. I heard a low growl from him and cold eyes met mine.

Oh. Somebody doesn't like it when you bring up his age. A playful smirk crept its way onto my face.

"I mean honestly, Mitsuhide," I kept going. "You must be at least a decade older than the rest of us with the way you fight."

His expression darkened considerably as he launched himself at me. I dodged easily, kicking his feet out from underneath him in the process. He landed on his back, panting.

"So this is what you two have been doing," a voice said coming up behind us. I turned around to see a well-rested Zen walking towards us and Kiki following behind him.