the hideout | 0.12

Suddenly there was rustling above me. Before I could react I felt cold metal on the skin of my neck. A low voice whispered in my ear.

"You're in my tree."

~~~

My muscles stiffened as the cold metal pushed deeper against my skin. Of course Cat Eyes was the one behind this. "You know," I struggled to say under the pressure of his blade. "It doesn't have the same effect if you steal it from someone else."

He laughed. "I suppose you're right about that," he said, slowly removing the blade from my throat. As soon as I felt the cold sensation leave my skin, I spun around, kicking a shocked Cat Eyes square in the stomach. He cursed loudly as he stumbled off the branch.

Guess his reflexes didn't help him this time.

He landed on the snowy ground with a loud 'thump'. Luckily for him, we weren't really that high. A fall like that would be nothing for him. Before long he was up and dusting off his clothes, his irritation evident on his face. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pushed together in a tight line. I couldn't hold in my laughter any longer. I immediately burst out laughing. I laughed so hard, I almost lost my footing.

"Hey Cat Eyes!" I yelled between laughs. "Enjoy your fall?" I looked down to see him glaring up at me, a tic mark appearing on his forehead, making me laugh even harder.

"What the hell was that for?" he asked, clearly pissed.

My laughing stopped short. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe that fact that you could've killed me!" I yelled as I stepped off the branch, landing gracefully in front of him. He stood in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest. He watched me carefully as he reached for one of the blades on his belt. He then held it up in front of my face, letting me inspect it.

"I used the dull side, moron." A smirk lit his features as he watched my eyes widen in shock. He's kidding, right? He laughed at my dumbfound expression as he secured the dagger to his belt with the rest of his blades. "Why are you here, anyway?" he asked raising an eyebrow. "Not that I mind the company of course." His eyes sparkled with amusement.

"Oh. You think I wanted to follow you," I said mockingly, putting my hands to my hips. He stared at me with raised eyebrows, waiting. "Heh, no. Zen sent me to babysit you." Now it was his turn to be shocked. His eyes widened in disbelief and his mouth hung open.

"I don't need a babysitter," he stated once he regained his composure, crossing his arms like a stubborn child.

"Your actions say other wise," I said motioning to his crossed arms and childish pout. His cheeks flushed slightly out of embarrassment and he immediately let his arms drop to his sides.

"Bandits?" he reminded me coldly, changing the subject.

"Right," I said clearing my throat.

He smirked at his small victory. "Do you have any information that could help us find them?"

"Why are you asking me?" I said crossing my arms over my chest, trying to hide the fact that I was freezing.

"Well you certainly seemed to know what you were talking about up on the roof."

"Aw. So you were listening," I said cocking my head to the side. "I just assumed you were too busy with your wittle snowmen," I said mockingly.