mysterious | 0.06

I gave a brief smile and nodded shortly. "Don't worry," I said, turning back towards the group in front of me.

"I will."

~~~

A few days have passed since the famous incident with that other assassin and I've been keeping a close eye on him ever since, which was beyond boring. Talk about slow torture.

When I woke up, I decided I would talk to Zen and see what he had planned for the cat-eyed assassin. After bathing and getting dressed, I made my way to Zen's office and knocked on the door.

"Enter," I heard him say from inside. When I walked in I saw Zen sitting at his desk as usual while Kiki and Mitsuhide were sorting through paperwork.

"Oh, Hello Vela. And to what do I owe the pleasure?" Zen asked with a sly grin. I put my hands to my hips and glared at him.

"You asked me to keep an eye on him. I have."

"And?" He asked still smiling.

"And nothing! He doesn't do anything! All he does is lounge around in trees and eat food. I haven't even seen him touch a weapon!"

"So basically, what your saying is he does the same thing you do," Zen said tauntingly, resting his chin on his hand. I glared at him, my eyes like daggers. A low growl rose in my throat.

"Watch it, Zen." Mitsuhide said mockingly. "You're making her angry." I slowly turned to face him and shot him a warning glance. His smile soon disappeared, as he cleared his throat uncomfortably, "Sorry."

Kiki laughed. "Maybe he knows you're watching him. He is a trained assassin after all."

"I suppose you have a point," I said turning my attention back to Zen. "Maybe he's messing with me."

"I would still like you to keep an eye on him," Zen said, thoughtfully. "There's no need for you to follow him around, just try and keep him out of trouble."

I huffed out a sigh. That's not what I wanted to hear. "Yessir," I said mockingly, saluting him before turning for the door. He rose a questioning brow at me but returned to his paperwork. I heard Mitsuhide chuckle under his breath as I walked out the door.

After leaving Zen's office I figured I should see what the Cat-Eyed assassin was up to. The only problem was finding him. I was wandering around the gardens looking for him but stopped when I heard faint snoring above me. I looked up to see none other than Cat Eyes himself dozing in a tree. An evil grin spread across my face. Might as well wake him up. I silently climbed the tree until I was on the same branch as him.

"Morning Cat Eyes!" I screamed. As soon as I made a sound he bolted upright, falling off the branch. Lucky for him, his reflexes took over and he grabbed the branch below him before he could fall to the ground. Curse those damned reflexes. Once he steadied himself, he looked up to me with a glare.

"What the hell was that for?" He said, still glaring at me. I just laughed and offered him a sinister smile.

"It's nearly noon. I figured you could use a wake up call," I shrugged. His glare soon turned to a smile as he tilted his head to the side.

"I bet the Little Lady just wanted to talk to me," he said with a sly smile. I rolled my eyes at him. Cocky much?

"In your dreams, Cat Eyes."

"Actually you were in my dreams," he said batting his eyelashes, "And I really wish you'd call me by my name." 

"Smooth Cat, real smooth," I said mockingly, "And as far as I'm concerned, that is your name."

"Gosh. Could you be any more charming?" He asked sarcastically. I laughed. He has no idea who he's dealing with.

"Just give me time Cat Eyes. I'll have you falling for me real quick."

"I already fell out of a tree for you, Little Lady."

"Will you quit calling me that? It's annoying." He just grinned at me.

"Tell me your name and I won't have to call you that." I thought about it for a second before I jumped off the branch and landed gracefully on the ground.

"I think I'll pass. I'm more mysterious this way." I gave him a wink before running off, leaving him behind. He shook his head as he watched me go.

"That you are...Little Lady."

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. The next one should be longer.

-gin