Prologue

Lorena

my twin brother Miguel and I are exactly alike, I'm basically the girl version of him and he's the guy version of me. we're the same height, we dress similarly, we have the exact same facial features, were both slim, and most importantly, we both share a love and passion for music. ever since I heard music for the first time when I was only 2, I knew I loved it. sometimes when I was 10, I would sneak to the plaza with Miguel and we would pretend that we were shining shoes, but we were really listening to the music instead. 

thankfully, after Miguel and I traveled to the land of the dead, our familia learned to accept music. with the help of mama coco of course!

you see, that was two years ago. now, Miguel and I are full on teens that still share a room. our parents offered us separate spaces, but we wanted to stay together. 

I feel lucky to have such an amazing brother who doesn't argue with me and who is just like me! I don't remember the last time we got into a fight! 

aside from that, today marks the beginning of dia de los Muertos! my second favorite holiday, Christmas being first! dia de los Muertos is basically when we welcome our dead familia back to the land of the living! we make them food, we sing and dance, we set out stuff they liked on our ofrenda next to their pictures, and most importantly, we remember how much they loved us! 

im really excited for mi familia to visit this year! I don't have favorites by any means, but im especially excited for papa hector to come so I can show him how much I've improved! I think he'd be very proud! 

hopefully he is when he comes tonight!