Part 3

Jake pulls you outside and the cool air surrounds you as he leads you into the backyard. You take in your surroundings. A pool with a connected hot tub takes up the left side of the backyard and grass takes up the right. Jake releases your hand and runs over to the pool and jumps in without hesitation. "Woo! Come on in the waters nice! Jake calls out. "You're crazy Jake!" You say holding back laughter. Jake swims to the edge of the pool and rests his head on his arms. It's dark but you can see him looking up at you smiling. "Please?" He says gently. You can't help but smile. "Okay, fineee." You say reluctantly as you kick off your shoes. As you walk over to the shallow end, Jake hops out of the pool and before you know it he picks you up and jumps back in the pool. "Jake! What the hell?!" You say as you come up for air. "Sorry only little bitches go in through the shallow end, and I figured you weren't a little bitch". You laugh when he says this. "Wow Jake, you really have a way with words". "I know, I know don't thank me." You and Jake laugh together.....

After a couple minutes of screwing around you notice Jake's red hair has fallen back into his eyes, but he doesn't seem to notice. You swim a bit closer to him. Again you lock eyes with him as you pull you hand above the water and to his face as you move his hair out of the way slowly. He smiles. Then he tucks a strand of hair behind your ear. Jake takes a step closer.
*Jakes POV
Im so close I can hear her breathing now.
*Your POV
Is he...
*Narration
The second you think Jake is going to kiss you, he slips under water. Two seconds later you feel a pair of hands grab your waist. Jake pulls you over his head and onto his shoulders as he comes up for air.
"Jake! What are you doing!" You say as you struggle to stay balanced. "Oh nothin" Jake replies coolly. He starts walking to the stairs and says, "I figured your hip hurts pretty bad still, and swimming probably made it worse, so I'm simply trying to fix the problem." You can't see his face but you can tell he's smiling. You hold on to his shoulders, "Be careful!" You say as he climbs the pool stairs. "Babe, careful is my middle name." Jake says. "Damn well okay Jake Careful Webber" you say with a giggle. Jake walks to the door and opens it, letting go of your ankle for a split second. "Watch your head" he says plowing through the doorway. You duck just in time and barely miss slamming your head into the top of the doorway. You and Jake are sopping wet and leaving puddles of water as he makes his way to the stairs. "Uh oh" you say under your breath. "What's the matter?" Jake says. "Wellll I left my bags in Aaron's car and his keys are in his room, and I don't want to wake him since it's late." You say. "So you don't have a change of clothes?" "Nope, none". Jake starts walking up the stairs. "Jake what are you doing?! My room is downstairs?" "Yeah but mines upstairs." Jake says with a smirk. "Okay well don't slip, because if you fall, I fall." Jake heads up the stairs one step at a time, holding the handrail with one hand and your leg with the other. You let out a sigh of relief as he finishes climbing the last step. He laughs and says, "What, did you forget what my middle name is?". You laugh in response.
As he gets to the doorway of his room he slides you off his shoulders. "Come here." He says. By now your heart is racing. You walk over to where he stands. He shuffles through his closet and picks out a hoodie. Jake hands you a hoodie that says 'no name' across the front. "Here," He says handing you the hoodie. "There's a bathroom down the hall there where you can shower." You look up at him and smile. "Thank you." You say, honestly grateful. You make your way to the bathroom, still dripping water across the floor as you do.
*Your POV
I could have sworn he was going to kiss me earlier, maybe he just doesn't like me like that.
*Narration
You hop in the shower and wash the chlorine out of your hair.
After you get out and dry off you slip on the hoodie Jake gave you. It smelled like cologne, no even more than that.... it smelled like jake. You feel a smile spread across your face.

...

*Jakes POV
Did I take it too far by putting her on my shoulders? Or maybe by letting her borrow my clothes. Idk I should've kissed her when I was going to. Instead I pussied out.
*Narration
You walk into Jake's room to see him laughing down on his bed with his arm over his eyes. He looks like he's in deep thought. "Jake?" You say gently. He sits up and smiles. "What's up?" "Well, I was just about to go to sleep, but my room is downstairs and Aaron tells me about the stuff that happens in this house and I just thought maybe tonight I can sl" you're cut off by Jake standing up and saying, "You can sleep in here, I'll sleep on the couch." He says motioning towards the couch against the wall. "Really? Thank you so much seriously, you've been so nice ever since I got here." "That's because you've made it so easy for me to be nice to you" Jake says, against smiling his bright white teeth. You smile back as you sit on the bed. Jake shuts off the light and grabs a blanket from the closet. He lays down on the couch and says, "Goodnight, y/n". You smile once more. "Goodnight Jake."

A/n
Ur gonna wanna read the next chapter jus sayin.