Moving Forward?

The morning after the dance, the halls of Beacon were significantly more quiet than usual. After the event that had just taken place it was to be expected. Most of, if not all, of the students were up until unholy hours, even after the event had ended. Whether it was a group of friends staying up chatting, a small after party that was going on in one of the rooms, two lovers consummating after a special night, not as likely considering the room situation at the school, or someone had managed to get their hands on some alcoholic beverages and ended up drinking more than they could handle.

For Ivan Dearg and Owen Marron the latter was what they were looking for.

"Someone has to be hungover." Owen remarked as he scanned the students in the hallway.

"It's impossible for someone not to be." Ivan added.

"They'll show up."

The two troublemakers continued their waiting, hoping the right target would pass by soon.

"Too bad your friend isn't here with us, think he might enjoy this." Owen said.

"Definitely. He was my partner in crime before you." Ivan replied.

"He seemed nice enough; a bit quiet though."

"He's normally like that around new people, he gets chattier after a while."

"Seeing how much fun Yang was having with him last night, I'll take your word for it."

The two went back to quietly observing any student that walked by until Owen came to a realization.

"Wait a second." He said with a grin. "I don't remember your friend coming back to the room last night."

"Because you were asleep when we did."

"And he's not here with us right now."

"Because he's gone home."

"Maybe he is. Or maybe he spent the night in someone else's room."

"You know there'd be three others in the room, one of which is her sister."

"Well, it's like I say..."

"Don't jerk off on an empty stomach?"

"No."

"It's not small it's fun sized?"

"No."

"Ride me sideways?"

"Can I finish?"

"In the time I've known you, you've said a lot of dirty and inappropriate things. I'm just trying to guess which one it is."

"Forget it." Owen groaned. "Still, I'm betting we might just see your dear old friend and Yang walk right by here together any minute now."

"He's not here." Ivan protested.

"You sound like someone who's jealous that his best friend spent the night with someone from team RWBY and not him."

"I said Ruby did something cute one time and you take it to mean something else."

"There's also the fact you said you liked short girls."

Ivan gave a beleaguered sigh.

"Dope."

"Speak of the golden-haired devil."

"Good. Maybe she can convince you." Ivan said after seeing the approaching Yang. "Hey Yang, could you please tell Owen here that (Y/n) has been gone since this morning?"