the one where everyone is happy

kpopnews

    ❤ |💬 |➣ 

    ❤ |💬 |➣ 

297,089 likes 

Suga and Jennie win Best Collaboration at MAMA 2020

The happy couple proved haters wrong by winning an award at this year's Mnet Asian Music Awards. The picture was taken after they gave a short, but meaningful speech. Dating has always been a sensitive topic in K-Pop, leading to artists having to give up their careers (for example HyunA and EDawn leaving Cube), their dates being hated by the fandoms till they had to break up, or even shippers making friends somehow awkward (Dara and G-Dragon can attest to that).
Suga started off the speech by thanking everyone before thanking especially their fans who stood with them even when all the rumours came out and apologized for not clearing everything up sooner. 'It was a hard time for us too', he said. 'Every couple, every relationship or friendship goes through better and harder times and at this point in our life, Jennie and my relationship didn't go well.'
Jennie than continued: 'Relationships are hard, even more so if you are told to keep them secret. We'd like to thank our fans who told us they'd support us no matter what, but we also want to thank BTS members, Blackpink members, Winner and iKON hyungs and everyone we could tell about us and trust they wouldn't tell and they wouln't judge. And lastly we wanted to encourage everyone here, but especially our fellow Idols, to be open about the people they love. If we all do it, it could be normal. It should be normal. Love should be the most beautiful thing in the world and not the thing we fear the most.'
After coming down the stage they got hugs from a lot of their friends, before they settled down on their seats and became the happy, giddly couple everyone loves.
Their speech also seemed to have a positive effect on the K-Pop world: several Idol couples announced their relationship (for example Jimin and Rosé, Mino and Irene or Sana and Kang Daniel) and are mostly met with positive reactions from k-Fans and from international Fanbases. Let's hope that that'll stay like this and let's be proud of this shining, award-winning couple!

view all comments

queeniejennie my babies, all grown up!
yoonks let's all thank yg for letting jennie attend mama or this wouldn't have happened
mireneishappening thank you, Jennie and Yoongi!