Chapter 11

'Pardon?' Caspian asked with pure surprise in his voice. But as he looked back towards the man and woman standing in the throne room, he could see the resemblance.

'Edmund!' Mrs. Pevensie called out and tried to walk towards her youngest son, however was stopped by the guard standing at her sides.

Peter and Edmund walked towards their parents, bright smiles on their faces.

'There is no need for those swords.' Peter said sternly to the guards. 'I can assure you our parents mean us no harm.'

The guards backed, bowing deeply, feeling somewhat embarrassed.

Mrs. Pevansie wrapped her arms around Edmund as soon she could. 'Oh it's so good to see you dear. You look so well.'

Edmund smiled. 'Thanks, mum. I feel well, too.'

Mr. Pevensie looked at his oldest son. 'I have to say, that title of yours, it suits you, son.'

Peter smiled, feeling proud at his father's compliment. 'Thank you.'

Caspian slowly walked towards the reunited family. 'I apologize for the intrusion, but perhaps this is conversation better held in close quarters. I believe it deserves some privacy.'

Peter nodded. 'You're right, Caspian.' He turned towards Trumpkin. 'Please make sure that when our sisters return they will be brought to our meeting room.'

Trumpkin nodded and watched the monarchs and newly arrived humans retreat to the room adjacent to the throne room.

'Well, this is definitely a step up from your uncle's house in Finchley.' Mr. Pevensie joked

Edmund smiled. 'It does have it perks.'

'Excuse me for interrupting the happy reunion, but I might ask, how did you parents get here? Why are they here? No one from your world just arrives in Narnia without a reason...'

'Aslan must have brought them here...'Peter turned his attention to his parents. 'How did you get here?'

'We aren't sure. One moment we were on the square near the Lion Statue, the next we were here in the courtyard of the castle..'

Caspian looked puzzled. 'Perhaps Lucy and Susan have found Aslan, and gotten an explanation.'

Peter looked over his shoulder as he heard voices approaching the door. 'I believe we will get an answer to that pretty soon.'

The door opened and the 2 sisters walked through the door. Susan undid her riding cloak and threw it onto her seat, a slightly annoyed look on her face.

'Well, I can see your trip went well.'

Susan glared at Peter.

'You couldn't find him?' Edmund sounded disappointed as he asked. Looking towards Lucy, hoping to find some optimism in his bubbly sister's eyes.

'We did. He was at Cair Paravel, but we didn't truly get the answers we hoped for.'

'Uhm, who are we talking about?'

Susan and Lucy looked up and looked into their father's eyes. 'Mum, Dad?!' Susan gasped happily before running towards her father. Lucy quickly jumped up to hug her mother.

'Okay, So what did Aslan say?' Peter stood behind his chair, leaning on the backrest. A seriousness seemed to have taken over him, as he realized that they needed to know what Aslan said. It would be vital to save the kingdom.