Chapter 2

Soon the four siblings were lead into the castle's throne room. A nobleman stood in front of the throne, currently occupied by Caspian, talking in a raised voice about a topic which obviously bored Caspian.

'Your majesty.' The guard called out, cutting of the nobleman to the man's obvious frustration.

As soon as Caspian's gaze fell upon the 4 siblings, lingering slightly on Susan, he smiled. 'Thank you Lord Solom, but I am afraid a more important matter has come to my attention.' Caspian stated, not sounding sorry about dismissing the lord at all.

The nobleman muttered his goodbyes and bowed to the king before leaving the room in frustration.

Caspian quickly walked towards his friends and embraced Peter. 'It is good to see you my friends.' He stated as he released Peter. 'It is good to know the horn can still be heard in your world.'

'You blew my horn?' Susan asked and Caspian nodded.

'That must have been the horn I heard before the note flew onto my lap.' Lucy concluded. 'Is there trouble in Narnia?' She asked.

'I am afraid so-' Caspian answered but unfortunately did not get the chance to explain.

'I'm sorry Caspian, but I think the story will have to wait.' Peter stated as he pointed to Edmund who by now was being held up by one of the guards.

Caspian's eyes filled with worry. 'What happened?'

Susan sighed. 'He fell ill, our doctors could no longer help him but we received a message that the illness would not exist in Narnia. He however does still require some rest and care.'

Caspian nodded and told a guard in the corner to make sure that 4 more chambers in the same wing as his own were to be readied for their guest.

'What will happen if Edmund will go back to your world?'

'He will die...' Peter answered.

Caspian looked somewhat surprised. 'I promise that Edmund will always have a home at my court, my friend. He will have a good life here.'

'Does that also apply to the rest of us?' Peter answered. 'We do not intend to leave him behind.'

Caspian couldn't help but smile. Although he budded heads with Peter every now and then, they had become as close as brothers, as well as Edmund. Young Lucy was like the little sister he never had. And Susan... He had fallen deeply in love with her the first time they were here, and hoped that now that she was to stay here, their relationship had a chance.

'Of course. I will immediately make the arrangement for 4 thrones to be added to the throne room.'

Peter smiled.

'Welcome home, your majesties.'

As Lucy and Susan accompanied Edmund to his new bedchamber, Peter followed Caspian into his study. They were no longer surrounded by guards and other listening ears, and both visibly relaxed.

'You have returned not a moment too soon my friend.' Caspian said as he leaned back against his desk.

'That is the intention of the horn.' Peter chuckled. 'Is it that bad?'

Caspian nodded as he walked to a cupboard from which he drew a long object, covered in a purple fabric. 'It is indeed.' He laid the object down on his desk and unwrapped it, uncovering Peter's sword. Caspian handed it back to Peter. 'But I think I should wait to explain it, until Edmund is better. If we are to rule Narnia together, all 5 of us need to be aware of what happens in our kingdom.'

Peter nodded. 'So how long has it been since we left? It has been about a year and a half for us.'

'It has been 2 years and 3 months.'

Caspian received an amused look from Peter. 'Have you been keeping count?'

Caspian chuckled. 'Perhaps.'

Peter smirked slightly. When he had seen his friend in the throne room it had not escaped him how he had looked at his sister. He knew the young king still had feelings for Susan. 'I'm sure the Narnians will be delighted to hear of our return, and your decision to let us rule beside you. Your Noblemen on the other hand, I doubt they will rejoice over the news.'

Caspian chuckled slightly. 'I suspect you're right. Many of them only decided to stay behind after they heard the 4 of you would leave Narnia again. I guess they believed that if you left, they would rule Narnia again, and I would ignore the ancient Narnian people. They are still quite disappointed that I didn't.'

Peter smiled. 'It won't be easy, Caspian, I can assure you that. I ruled with my siblings for 15 years the first time we were here. Now, we not only have multiple opinions, but 2 groups of Narnian people to look after, and their wishes and need are not very similar in most cases.'

Caspian nodded. 'To that extend, I think right now might be one of the moments they could learn to accept you. The Telmarines and Narnians are still often divided, but right now there is a common enemy. If under the leadership of the 5 of us, we can unite all people in Narnia and defeat our enemies, we can unite the kingdom once and for all.'

Peter nodded. 'I like the sound of that, Your majesty.' Peter extended his hand.

Caspian grinned as he gripped Peter's hand. 'As do I, Your majesty.'