Chapter 4

The next morning the 5 kings and queens were gathered in a chamber adjacent to the throne room. For as long as Caspian could remember the chamber had been un-occupied, and he felt he could put it to good use. The Narnian Monarchs needed a place to talk where they would not be disturbed and where there were no ears to listen in on their conversation. And so the room had been fitted with a round table and 5 chairs, so that they could discuss what was happening, and make their decisions.

'Another attack?' Edmund asked as he looked at Caspian, who had told the news. Peter stood by the window, his back facing the room.

'Indeed. Another village was burned last night. 5 humans and 3 creatures died.' Caspian sighed. 'The houses in the village weren't as close to one another, and the fire did not spread as easily. The damage is less severe as last time, but the tragedy is no less.'

'We can't keep going, not knowing what is going to happen. The attacks are happening more often and for all we know, Manchez's army is already on the way.' Edmund stated in frustration, as he slammed his fist on the table.

'What would you suggest we do then?' Susan asked. 'We already have guards at the shore of the sea, and scouts on the nearest hills. I'm not sure we can do more.'

'Yes we can!' Edmund called.

Peter looked at his brother, slightly confused.

'We can get an air team to fly over the sea and report back to us.'

Peter groaned slightly as he rubbed his forehead. 'I'm not sure if you have realised this, Ed, but there are no airplanes in Narnia.'

Lucy looked with a look of some disbelief at her oldest brother. 'No, but we have griffins...'

Peter and Caspian's eyes widened at the same time, somewhat surprised they hadn't thought of it before.

'Thank you Lucy.' Edmund smirked before turning back to Peter and Caspian. 'We can ask a group of griffins to fly over the Eastern Sea, to take a look whether or not Manchez might be ready for an attack already. The Sea is massive, for all we know; he could have a full army on his boats already.'

Caspian nodded. 'It is a good plan. However the griffins are not part of our army, they are not easily tamed. Someone will have to go convince them.'

'If you can tell me where to find them, I will.' Edmund stated.

'They took up in what is left of Aslan's how, only a few hours ride away.'

Edmund nodded as he stood up. 'Then I will not delay. I hope to be back by the evening.'

'Good luck!' Lucy called out as her brother left the room.

It was around three in the afternoon when Susan was walking through the garden, under the light of the sun. She closed her eyes and looked at the sky, taking in the warm light. England was rarely warm like this. When they had returned she had missed so much about Narnia, the weather was one of those things.

'My Lady.' She heard Caspian's Warm voice in front of her and opened her eyes. Her gaze was met by the image of Caspian holding out a single red rose towards her, a wide smile on her face.

Susan took the rose from his hand and smelled its sweet scent. 'Thank you, My Lord.'

Caspian chuckled. 'Please, My Lady, do not call me that. I do not deserve that. Please just call me Caspian'