Chapter Eleven

I began to sob. Not because of my own reasons, but because of Jordan. Looking down on this sweet angel made me realize bad things really do happen to good people. She had a black eye, blood streaming down from her lip, and little cuts and bruises all over her body.

The doctor came in and shared the reports. Jordan was in no critical condition and should be going home in a few days. She would of course need a cast for her arm and some crutches. The doctor prescribed her pain medication and he also informed us that he contacted child protection services and Jay's dad was removed from the home and put in jail. He could easily be charged with attempted murder if there mother felt it was necessary. Which of course, it was. Anything to keep him away from the family until he got help. Mental help.

Walking into the lobby Jay bowed his head and stared at the floor.

"Jay, I'm.."

"Don't." He replied, still locked on the tiles on the floor.

"Don't what?" I asked in concern

"You don't need to apologize. I'm sorry for taking it out on you. I guess I just didn't wanna blame myself."

"Why did it take so long to bring her to the hospital?" I asked.

"My mom was afraid of what would happen, to me and to Jordan." We walked over and sat in the waiting area. Jay buried his face into his hands. I put my hand on his shoulder, deep in concern.

"It's okay Jay. Nobody's gonna hurt her. Or you, or your mom. It's all gonna be okay. I promise."