+ School Sucks - Next Gen AU +

Okay, so lets say that Laurance and Aphmau started dating instead of Aaron and Aph... and then they got married, and they had a child, and fourteen years later they sent her to the same high school they went to: Phoenix Drop High.

Well, this is what would happen.

Enjoy!
~
In the small town in the village of Phoenix Drop, a man named Laurance and a woman named Aphmau lived with their beautiful daughter.

She had dark brown, almost black hair, fair skin, and baby blue eyes.

She was named Alina by her mother. Today, fourteen years later, it’s time for her first day at Phoenix Drop High...
-
“Are you ready?” My dad asks from the driver’s seat.

All I do is sigh, looking out the car window.

I mean, what can I say? Of course, dad! I’m totally ready for the first day of high school! I’m so excited to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of older students I don’t even know! School doesn’t suck at all!

Yeah, no thanks.

So, I just sit and watch as all the trees, houses, people, and cars pass by. From the corner of my eye, I can see my mom looking my way, giving me a warm smile.

“It will be fine, Alina. Take it from me. I was nervous on my first day too! I cried in my closet, attempted to open a locked door, bumped into your Uncle Garroth, who was a total hottie back then-”

All of a sudden, I hear an angry grumble, making my mom laugh. Turning my head, I see my dad with a grumpy expression on his face. I can’t help but smile as well.

When Mom finishes laughing, she kisses Dad on the cheek and continues, “My point is, it wasn’t as bad a day as I thought. I made a bunch of friends, and even met your father. It was a great day, and I’m sure you’ll have a great day as well.”

“Yeah… thanks mom.”

“You’re welcome, sweetie.”

“We’re here!” Dad calls.

Looking out the window again, I suddenly see a large building. My new school.

“Oh my Irene, it looks exactly the same as when we went here!” Mom squeals.

“Yeah, it does.”

This is actually something I’m happy about: Phoenix Drop High is the same school my parents went to. That means they know exactly how the school runs. Well, if the school system hasn’t changed since then.

Taking a deep breath, I grab my backpack and open the car door. My parents cheer for me and wish me luck as I finally walk out.

I’m officially attending high school now.

Just like my parents told me, the main doors are locked right now. With high hopes, I look around trying to find somebody I know, but I recognize nobody. A little disappointed, I still try to act as confident as I can. That way, people aren’t going to recognize me as a freshman right away, which is a good thing.

Finally, the doors open, and students start piling in. Instead of joining them, I wait for the crowd to clear a bit before entering the school, and mother of Irene is it big!

My parents warned me about it’s size, but I honestly didn’t expect it to be so large and full of teenagers.

Anxiety starts bubbling up in the pit of my stomach.

“How the heck am I supposed to find my way through this place without a map…?” I mutter to myself.

During the summer I had gotten a Phoenix Drop High package with a school map in it, but it was accidentally thrown out… by me… oops.

Since it’s my fault that I don’t have a map I should just deal with it, shouldn’t I?

So, I go grab my schedule and immediately start wandering around the school looking for my homeroom.

Freshman Homeroom #707…

After a long while of walking through the school, the bell rings, filling me with fear.

Gah, room number 707, where are you?!

Amongst the chaos of the many students walking to their classes, I start running, but I still can’t find what I’m looking for.

Finally, I realize that the hoard of teens has dispersed into each classroom, while I’m still in the halls looking for my class.

“Where is this room…? Ugh, this is hopeless…”

“Do you really think so?” A voice asks out of the blue.

I jump, turning around to see a boy with brown hair and brown eyes. He’s kind of handsome… but I really shouldn’t be thinking about that!

He smiles kindly at me, before extending a hand to shake. “Rollo, a senior. You?”

“Uhm, I’m Alina. A freshman, if you couldn’t tell.” I reach for his hand and gently shake it.

“Oh, don’t worry, I can tell.” He grins. Then, he shoves his hand into his pocket and pulls a map out. He then hands it to me. “Here. This was my sister, Luca’s, but she’s a Sophomore now so she doesn’t need it. Does that give you hope?”

I nod, happily. “Thank you, Rollo. I appreciate it.”

“No problem. Room number 707, huh?” Rollo asks, peering over my shoulder at my schedule. “I’ll walk you there. C’mon!” He grabs my hand and starts leading me through the halls of Phoenix Drop High.

While we walk, we talk in a hushed whisper so we don’t alert any nearby classes. By the time we reach my homeroom, I learn that he has three sibling: a little sister named Luca, a twin brother named Lello, and an older adopted brother named Yip. He’s also the president of the Literature Club, which is the club I’m planning to join.

“I’m glad we’re going to spend some more time together- oh! We’re here.” Giving me one more kind smile, he starts walking away, another kind smile on his face. “See you, Alina!”

“... See you later, Rollo.”
-
Just like my mom said, I actually had a great day. My homeroom teacher didn’t seem to mind me being late, I went to the Club Social and joined Rollo’s club, I made friends with his siblings Luca and Lello, and I also made a few other friends on the way.

Now, I’m with Rollo, waiting for my parents at the entrance of the school.

“Hey, want my number?” He asks out of the blue.

“W-What?!”

"My number. Y’know, for emergencies. I always want to be able to contact my club members.”

“U-Uh…” I mutter, “Okay.”

He grins, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen from his pocket and writing his number down. Then, giving me the paper, he points behind me.

“Huh? Is that your Dad over there?” Rollo asks.

I turn around to see my Dad standing in front of the car, staring directly at me, waiting.

“O-Oh. Yeah. How’d you know?”

He shrugs. “Lucky guess.”

“Okay, then… see you tomorrow?”

He nods. We wave goodbye to each other as I enter my parents’ car.

“Oo~ Who was that?” My mom asks, peering out the window at Rollo as Dad starts the car.

“A friend. We met this morning after I got lost in the halls. He helped me get to the right class.” My parents turn to each other, wide-eyed. “What?”

“Oh… nothing…”

I shrug it off, smiling.

Rollo seems cool… heh, maybe school actually doesn’t suck, after all.
~