A Promise To Keep

A Promise To Keep

Aunt told me that Mom had taken a promise from Dad to get married with his best friend Hania after her death. It was her last wish and Dad can't refuse for that. Hania, lost her husband in a car accident only after six month of marriage. She came back to her home after that. Her home was present at a walking distance from my home and she was Mom's only best friend besides other collge friends . I also met him several times. She was an outspoken and self-centered woman not much interested in children. So, she remained attached to Mom and can't make a place in my heart. I remembered those happy moments when Mom always told me, "I have two friends, Hira and Hania earlier but now I have three." I asked, "Who is the third one, Mom?" Then she used to reply kissing me "You, My Sweetu."Aunt consoled me "Don't worry baby. Everything would be fine. It would be only a simple Nikah (marriage ritual) in front of two witnesses from both sides. I think she is a nice woman and will proof as a good mother for you."

I was not listening anything my mind gone blank for some time. She asked nodding my body, "What happened baby? What happened? Are you Okay?" I hardly replied, "I am sorry but I want to live alone for a while. Please." She said "Okay Okay but listen to me. I am always there for you any time. You can come to my home; Your Uncle is in abroad you know. I am alone here with my children. If you agree, I will come to take you. Okay My Princess. May Lord bless you. I will wait for your decision. Take Care."

My Granny and Grand Pa also left the world one after other in their fifties. After their death, Mom and Aunt Hira ; two sisters left alone were living their life for one another.

"Decision!" I laughed in sarcasms...My Mom made a decision and now I have to make another one. "Why Mom?" I cried. I couldn't found my answer but I know that Mom had taken that decision only for Dad. "Mom, You always told me that I am your son." Then why did this? Why you distinguish between a son and a daughter like this so called society?" Why this society made certain norms that girls can't take the responsibility of their parents?" You also thought so Mom, "Who will take care of Dad after my marriage?" Why Mom? Why? Didn't you rely me any more or you did all this to fill colors in your friend's life?" You thought about Dad, Friend...every one. "But what about me Mom?"