18. Lost and found

Start bij het begin

This cruise journey was hopelessly rubbing off its effects on me.

One day back, I was feeling exactly the same.. when my back had been reclined to Dev's chest and the clouds had just started showering upon us. A beautiful moment, a beautiful sensation it was. But then I remembered that it was all temporary. Dev was not mine. He belonged to Priyanka now. They were going to marry soon and...... I detached myself from him quietly. He remained totally unmoved though.

Not even a question broke off his mouth.

And ofcourse, no questions came during our silent live-together too!

A day of complete silence was what we faced next. None of us complained about it, none of us objected... And in this process, Amaya's sangeet ceremony day appeared in the blink of an eye.

I adjusted the hem of my off-shoulder top as I strode towards the dance rehersal room

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I adjusted the hem of my off-shoulder top as I strode towards the dance rehersal room. This dancing and all, was never my cup of tea. Neither did I practise much on the previous day. I had settled the matter over a silly proposal that I would go for a couple dance with Dev, the repercussions of which, I was facing now!

Obvio! I had got such douchebag of friends after all!!

Deep inside my mind I kept praying so that Dev would reject my proposal himself. Phew, I didn't want to dance with that jerk! But then this was also true that he wasn't going to do any such thing. Maybe he wasn't talking to me or was ignoring me like plaque, but dropping the idea of dancing with me? He would just not do that..not even in his thousandth dreams!

Ask me where did I get this confidence from? Oh well, I had seriously no idea... except the fact that I knew Dev... a little too deeply maybe??

"Mommy!!!" A squealing voice from the back, stopped my feet midway and brought me out of my reverie.

Ah, there she was- my little stress buster.

"Bunny!!" I stooped to her level and picked her up in my arms. "Where were you for so long baccha?" I asked again as I placed a kiss on her tiny nose.

"Play arena." She answered... kinda disappointedly. "And I was mishing you so much!"

Did I spent some time with her today? Or yesterday? I asked myself immediately even though the answer already known to me.

A simple, straight NO.

"Mommy is soooo sorry Coco! Please forgive her!!" I shut my eyes closed and shook my head. Guilt had started dripping in my veins and and thats how my head so heavy.

"On one condition." She replied strictly.

"What?" I curled my eyebrows now looking at her with confusion.

"That you will play with me?"

Uh-oh. Babies are always this humble I guess!

"What about hide-and-seek?"