Chapter 5

—Your Nature—
"If you need more love from me
I'll give you more, just let me know"

Atlanta, Georgia
January 1, 2017
10:13 AM

ANDRE ROBINSON

Stepping out of my bathroom, I wrapped a towel around my waist seeing Desirae still asleep in my bed, tucked underneath the thick comforters. Eventually she'd turn around and pull the blanket up over her shoulders.

 My phone begin to vibrate nearby, on top of my dresser causing me to walk over and glance at the contact name

My phone begin to vibrate nearby, on top of my dresser causing me to walk over and glance at the contact name. Tapping my thumb down onto the screen, ending the call; I didn't bother to answer due to it being Bonnie and I knew she was bound to question my whereabouts.

"Andre it's cold." Desirae sat up and clenched the blanket up to her neck and pulled her knees up to her chest while looking at me. Strands of her hair had fallen in her face and the curls from yesterday night was no longer there. "Alright, I'll go turn the heater on." I say, grabbing at the doorknob. "Oh and I sat a toothbrush out for you in the bathroom, you already know where the towels at."

I walked out of my bedroom, continuously scrolling through my notifications seeing several messages I've received from Bonnie. One reading I'm done with you caused me to chuckle to myself.
   Adjusting the thermostat to warm up my house I sighed and decided to give her a call. After two rings Bonnie immediately picked up and began to snap.

"Wow, a whole day goes by and you just now deciding to return my call? I been blowing you up all night, Andre I'm telling you I'm so si–"

I threw my head back and removed my phone away from my ear, sitting it down onto my kitchen counter top. Ain't nobody tryna hear that shit. I said to myself.

I allowed Bonnie to talk to herself as I decided to walk away and step to my refrigerator—immediately pulling it open. Scanning my eyes over my many items of food, I then reached inside to grab a pack of bacon, sitting it aside my stove. I tried to think about what Desirae would like to eat but, knowing her she'd eat anything.

Grabbing the twelve count carton of eggs; even though I didn't eat eggs; I decided to make her some, placing them onto my table. Standing there for quite some time I remembered Desirae liking waffles more than pancakes.

My hand released the handle of the refrigerator to pull open the freezer, grabbing the box of waffles I never opened, closing the freezer back shut.
"Hello!?"

I then heard Bonnie's voice yell through my cellphone causing me to walk back towards it. Picking up my phone, I held it against my ear. "Yo"

"You heard me?" She asked me.
"Yea, man. I got you, B." I said lying, walking back towards my stove.

I heard her sniff through the phone which made me suck my teeth. I guess she waited for me to say something but I honestly wasn't trying to apologize about shit that I did or did not do and I wasn't trying to put up with her crying.