"Who is Keva?"

His hand closes, pulling back as he knows we are not done yet here. "She respect you," he begins, looking over his shoulder to the windows which display no light, only an empty night sky. "Elves respect the best of the werewolves, those with pure hearts and dignity, traits not often found within the palace where so many betrayals unraveled. It is tradition that the firstborn child of the King and Queen allow their child to grow up within the realm of the elves, to be taught not only how to fight, but how to be morally correct when doing things. They believe in the oldest traditions and my family respected that for generations."

"Our child was to grow up with Keva as their guardian," I point out, understanding why I keep seeing those eyes.

"With no child of royal blood to raise, the elves simply left the lands of the capitol, retreating back into their original lands." Zion sighs, leaning back against the wall as I understand that not only was my death misery to his life and he felt like he had no purpose left, but it also left a tradition centuries old to become no more. "The new King holds no true royal blood, so the elves will no longer offer their services to the Alpha King."

"My death took a piece of everyone I knew."

Fiona enters the room, dressed up in a pair of slacks and suit jacket as her presence does not ease me. "There are rumors spreading, Zion," she informs, eyes glowing in the darkness as my body tenses. "Whispers carried in the wind of the return of their queen. People will start asking questions, looking for you, and if they find these rumors to be true, hell will break loose." With a puff of emerald green smoke, Fiona vanishes, gone to wherever she was off to as I am left alone with Zion once more.

"Hell will break loose?"

Zion grabs his phone, scrolling past articles as I see the reflections in his eyes. Placing the phone in front of me, I see an article with a picture of myself from years ago, a crown on my head as I wave at the crowd. The Undead Queen is the title of the article, the article itself bring up the rumors that Zion may have hired a witch or necromancer to bring me back to life, the question of morals brought up as it asks if mortals should have such power, if the rich and powerful have allowed their privilege to get to their heads enough to trick death. "The moment the world knows you are alive, people will come for you." Why me? It cannot be because they will be happy to see me back, but because Zion cheated death, or perhaps they do not wish for someone resurrected to be roaming the earth. "This witch coven is just temporary, the moment you are strong enough to get back, we will be within the Swiss Alps."

"I do not understand, I thought you needed to lift the curve for Fiona first, that was the deal you two made. I am back, Zion, I am here, living breathing, and yet, time again, you cannot agree that I am enough. You wanted me back, I never had a say, and you expect everything to go as planned. You may have brought me back, but you do no make life decisions for me. The dead should stay dead, I do not care if you just wanted someone to hold at night, but you should have tried to move on. We were not mates, we were lovers, and yes, we loved and we lived some of our lives together, but you cannot bend fate to your will." I am angry, mad that Zion thinks he can move me with him.

"We are returning to the elves, Sybil."

"Because you believe they can fix me, you believe that once we go there and they help, that the curve over Fiona's coven can be lifted? I honestly cannot see why I was with you in my past life. Perhaps you were different, for the death of someone you love can change you so much, but you constantly keep truths from me which are vital to my life here. You constantly deny me knowing the whole story, you dare not ask my opinion on where to go next, and you have been digging your grave deeper everyday that I am here." I find it hard to control my breathing, unable to stand being in a room with a man who constantly expects me to bend to his will. I march out the house, right into the backyard as I look at the house from behind. A small mansion, one unfit for a King, but perhaps for a powerful witch or coven. A coven that I have still to see since my first day back.

I walk further into the backyard, knowing Zion is watching me as I just need to get some fresh air. If I had my wolf right now, if I could still shift, I would shift into her, running away into the night as to taste just a bit of freedom. The faster I walk, the more my head spins, the longer I find it hard to control my breathing, and as I am just about to take a seat, my vision blurs and I find myself losing control as I slip away into the familiar darkness.

I can hear screams in my head, a name being whispered over and over again. A male comes to my mind, a face I find familiar as I wonder if he belongs to the name. Sebastian, a name which feels like so much importance to me. Blood, images of blood on a marble floor, screaming filling the silent air as someone says instructions, my head spinning as I know I am beginning to remember bits and pieces. A forest floor before me, rain pouring down as I am running, a woman shouting at me to run faster, only for a gunshot to cause a ringing in my ear. Cries, screams, anger, hate, misery, so much of my past life floods my mind as I cannot find one memory of laughter or something that would cause me to smile. I can hear Zion screaming my name, screaming it over and over again as I wonder if he saw me faint, if he is running to come help me or would rather just leave me here after what I said to him.

My body feels as if it is floating, rolling over as a hand brushing my cheek, a deep voice saying my name as I know who it is. His words are muffled, my name the only thing I can make out as Zion holds me in his lap, waiting for me to regain my consciousness. I know we had our happy moments years ago, but it seems like there were more tears than laughter, more screams than smiles.

"Sybil, I've got you, you're safe," he whispers, lips pressed against my forehead as I try and calm myself down as my vision slowly comes back to me.

"Sebastian," I mumble, my eyes able to make out what is happening around me, that Zion has me in his arms as he carries me back to the house. "You killed Sebastian." Zion has a scowl upon his face, telling me all that I need to know as I know that Zion and I are not true mates, that Zion lost his mate long before he met me. "You killed my mate."

"Mates are not your perfect match, Sybil, for our mates were our worst nightmares."