Chapter 8 - His Master's Voice

The first day of school has dragged terribly, eventhough I enjoyed the majority of my lessons. Firstly, I had Advanced Trigonometry and I'd sat next to Letha. Then I had English with Roman and when I had entered the room he was asleep on his desk, so quite stealthily I sat behind him. He didn't notice I was there until he turned around and asked for a new pen half way through the lesson.

His face was priceless.

I also then had Drama, Gym and Music with Iona. Now, it's last lesson, Advanced Biology and I'm sat next to Roman. I had no idea he took this class and the only spare seat was next to him. Not like I'm complaining. I sigh and stare at the clock after I place my finished pop quiz down on my desk. Glancing around, I note that everybody else is still frantically writing apart from Roman, who is sat writing carefully with his brow furrowed in concentration. I'm not gonna lie. He looks absolutely adorable at the moment. He's taken his blazer off and thanks to his tight white t-shirt I have a great view of his perfect back. Okay, calm down.

Calm down.

I take in a deep breath and continue looking around the classroom. My eyes landing on the girl sat on the desk behind us. She's staring at Roman like she wants to eat him and I can only guess she's mentally undressing him. An overwhelming wave of jealousy consumes me and that's when I realize. I'm not the only girl that Roman has caught the attention of and nobody at school, besides Iona and Letha, is aware of Roman no longer being single.

Once again, I sigh and return to staring at the clock at the front of the lab. My chin resting in my hands. As soon as Mr Sherman, our teacher, announces that the quiz is over I jump up out of my seat and quickly place mine onto his desk, before walking back to my place.

I carefully put away my pencil case and books into my bag before slinging it over my shoulder. Suddenly, a hand touches my shoulder and I spin around. I let out a sigh of relief when my eyes land on Roman.

"I asked your mom this morning if you could come over mine for dinner and homework tonight. She said yes" He smiles at me and I smile back, shrugging just as the bell rings loudly.

Just as we exit the door, Roman's arm wraps around my waist, causing me to look up at him. He smirks down at me.

"I don't like the way that other guys are looking at you. They need to know that you're mine" He whispers, pulling me closer as we walk down the corridor earning a few stares from other students.

"So, you're jealous?" I ask as we walk out of the building. When he doesn't answer, I look up at him and he grins down at me.

"Yes. Yes, I am" He admits, blushing. We reach his car quite quickly.

"Well, that makes two of us" I reply, sitting down once he opens my door. He shuts the door swiftly and walks around the front of the car, smirking. Then I realize that the roof on his car is up and look at him oddly when he shuts the door.

"It's forecast to rain soon" He speaks as if he had read my mind. I nod and smile at him. Then something hits me that I need to ask him.

"Why were you being a class A prick this morning?" I ask him when he puts his keys in the ignition and goes to start the engine. He freezes in his tracks and sighs, heavily.

"Because of a lot of things..." He replies and I stare at him, perplexed. "I didn't get much sleep, shit's happened and I missed you" Roman looks at me and I'm lost for words momentarily. I blink before creating a response, but then I realize that he's already pulled out of the school car park and is driving, so I refrain myself.

"It's your fault if you missed me. I didn't ask you to ignore me for a week. It was childish, stupid and it hurt me a lot" I speak once the car comes to a stop in his garage. Tears start to roll down my cheeks as the last words leave my mouth. I drop my head slightly, so that Roman can't see me crying.

"But you wouldn't allow me to touch you" He responds. His voice quiet and small like a little child being shouted at by a parent for breaking a vase.

"You bit me, Roman. You didn't even apologize when I talked to you about it" The tears continue to roll down my cheeks and a sniffle escapes my lips. I hear him unbuckle his seat belt and I panic, thinking he's going to leave. The tears flow more freely and I sniff once more.

Then I feel Roman reach over and unbuckle my seat belt before lifting me up and placing me onto his lap. His arms encasing me. I habitually burrow my face into the crook of his neck and throw my arms around him, holding on tightly.

"Sshhhh, baby please don't cry. I'm sorry" He whispers, worriedly and soothingly. His hand stroking the top of my hair. "Please don't cry" He mutters once more. His voice sounding broken. I slowly lift my head up and see a single tear sliding down his cheek. My breath catches in my lungs and instinctively I lean forward and kiss the tear away before it can go any further.

His eyes stare back at mine, two emerald seas of sadness. I smile at him, weakly and then languidly place my lips upon his. My hands tangling themselves into his soft brown locks. Our lips begin to dance together. A Romantic waltz.

Steady and passionate.

His hands skim up and down my sides before resting on my waist. My hands release his hair and slide down his cheekbones, slowly. He smirks against my lips as I attempt to pull off his blazer. Roman pulls back momentarily and his eyes lock with mine. Then I realize where we are.

Shit.

I was just about to try and undress him in his car. I pull back my hands and cast my gaze downwards. That's when I notice that my skirt is pushed up and his left hand is resting on my bare thigh. My eyes widen greatly and I scramble off of his lap and onto the passenger seat. My cheeks still a bright cherry red.

Roman chuckles lightly, opens his door and climbs out. Flustered, I quickly grab my bag, open my door and step out, consequently walking into Roman just as he was going to open my door. Almost instantly, we both fall over onto the concrete floor of his garage, landing with a soft thud.

Stunned, I lay lifelessly on top of him. My ear on his chest, listening to the soothing, steady beat of his heart. When I come back to my senses I make a quick attempt to stand up, but Roman's arms wrap around me instantaneously, pulling me back down.

"Roman. Your mum will be back with Shelley soon" I speak, trying to get back up. He ignores me and his arms stay wrapped around me, tightly. "I'm pretty sure there are dozens of places that are more comfortable to lay on than this" I huff and this time he releases me.

Quickly, I stand up and brush off my clothes with my hands. Before I can do anything else Roman grabs ahold of my hand and pulls me out of the garage towards the front of his house. He quickly pulls out his keys, unlocks the door and drags me in.

Woah, somebody's impatient.

Shutting the door, he then pulls me up the slowly spiraling, white staircase and along a wide, corridor. We come to a stop outside a door and he smiles at me as he opens it, releasing my hand and ushering me in.

Tentatively, I take several steps and halt in the middle of his room. I wouldn't say his room is a typical teenager's room, but in some ways it is. The walls are painted a light blue and dark drapes hang from the windows. A dark wood king-sized bed sits off to the side and aside from the usual bedroom furniture and teenage clutter Roman's room screams sophisticated.

I jump slightly as his arms snake around my waist and he rests his chin on my shoulder. He then begins to place light, repetitive kisses along my neck and jawline. His hands slither up and inside my camisole.

Not today, Godfrey.

My hands grab hold of his wrists and pull his hands out of my top. I step away from him and turn to face him, giving him a stern look and folding my arms.

"Ouch! You're stronger than you look" Roman laughs in an attempt to settle the tension that has gradually built.

"So, let's get down to business. English homework" I clap my hands together and he rolls his eyes. Oh, I know what he had in mind when he suggested that I come over to do homework and that is not happening. I actually care about my grades.

"If you say so" He sighs, sitting down at an obviously unused desk. I giggle quietly. It's fun to boss Roman around. He's not so tough now.