Chapter 6 - Bite Marks

Once the door is fully open my breath catches in my lungs and I tighten my grip onto Roman's hand. My knees start to tremor as the tall, suited man that is my step father walks into the kitchen. I drop my gaze to the floor, shuffling to hide behind Roman. 

"Cori, there's no need to hide" My step father speaks as he walks closer to me. I step further behind Roman and clutch onto the back of his shirt. My legs are trembling. "You must be Roman Godfrey" He turns to face Roman. I exhale a breath that I had no idea I was containing.

"Yes, I am" Roman replies, squeezing my hand in his. "And you are?" He asks, staring at my step father.

"I'm Tim, Cori's dad" He replies and I snort, quite loudly, causing both Roman and Tim to stare at me. My faces pales, but I quickly gather what minuscule amount of confidence that I have and step out from behind Roman, letting go of his hand and clearing my throat.

"You're not my dad" I reply, pointedly. Tim stares at me, shocked, and Roman leans against the kitchen side smirking.

"Yes, I am" Tim shouts. It scares me immensely, but I hold my nerve and straighten my back. Trying to be as tall as I can with only being 5'5 and wearing 3 inch heels. He still towers over me as he is 6'5. But I won't, I can't back down this time. "And just what do you think you're wearing" His voice becoming louder.

"Clothes" I reply, sarcastically. "Mum bought me them" I shrug and cross my arms, severely. I don't know what it is, but with Roman stood with me I feel like I can do literally anything. It's like I'm untouchable and it feels absolutely glorious.

"Theresa!" Tim hollers. I flinch slightly and stumble backwards minimally. Roman catches me and his arms wind around me like vines instantly. Holding me and keeping me safe.

"You're sexy when you're this confident" He whispers in my ear. My cheeks turn a light pink as he plants a kiss on my cheek. I look up to see Tim's face is bright red and his anger is about to boil over.

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" Tim shouts. I whimper and fall back into Roman, burrowing my face into his chest. All of my fleeting confidence dissipates. Roman's arms pull me closer to him. "Let go of her at once" Tim commands extremely loudly. I begin to shake.

"Okay" Roman shrugs. I look up at him and he is smirking. He winks at me before removing his arms from me. I quickly wrap my arms around his torso and hold on with all my might.

"Cori let go of him" Tim speaks, somewhat more quieter than earlier. I continue to hug Roman and close my eyes. "Cori!" Tim shouts.

"That's not my name" I reply, still keeping my eyes firmly shut and my arms wrapped around Roman.

"Cortelia let go of Roman" Tim speaks again. But I don't let go.

"No, I'm comfortable" I mumble, loud enough for both Tim and Roman to hear. Roman chuckles quietly whereas Tim stomps his foot.

Suddenly I hear the door open and two sets of heeled shoes walk in. Roman's arms wrap around me once more and I let out a sigh of relief. My body still shaking slightly.

"Tim, what do you want?" My mother asks. "What's going on here? And why does Cortelia look terrified?" She questions, fear ringing in her voice. My mum never likes to see her children hurt or scared. It always terrifies her and she normally goes into full mother bear mode.

"Firstly, why is Cori wearing those clothes? That boy kissed her cheek and now she won't let go of him even though I told her to" Tim shouts. He sounds completely absurd.

"That boy is my son" I hear Olivia speak. Oh, he's upset two mother bears this really isn't going to end well for Tim. I open my eyes and glance up at Roman to find him smiling down at me. Slowly, I smile back at him before resting the side of my head on his shoulder.

"I bought her those clothes and Roman is her boyfriend" Mum adds and she sounds so sassy I can imagine her snapping her fingers in a 'Z-shape'.

"She's too young to have a boyfriend" Tim replies, stomping his foot twice more. "He'll take advantage of her and then where will she be?!" He continues to rant.

"She's seventeen, Timothy!" She shouts, angrily. "She's old enough to make her own decisions about such matters!" Wow! They're really going to discuss the fact that I'm old enough to have sex right here, in front of my boyfriend. I open my eyes and look up at him. He's stood staring down at me. A small, half smile tugging at his lips. His mind elsewhere. He's completely obtuse to the conversation that my mum and Tim are currently having. I gaze up into his eyes and I steadily lose myself, becoming completely lost in the murky depths of his emerald orbs. We stay like this for a while and all of time seems to have stood still in our little bubble.

Bang!

The sudden sound causes me to jump out of my skin and I look around, frantically. My mother and Olivia are sat at our kitchen table, but Tim is gone.

"Don't worry. He's gone to pack up his stuff and he'll be leaving immediately" Mum looks at me, reassuringly and I nod. "Could you two please leave the room for a second?" She asks, beseechingly. Roman nods swiftly before removing his arms from me and taking hold of my hand and leading me out of the room.

"Are you alright?" He questions me as soon as the door is shut. "Do you need anything? Do you want to go outside or- " I silence him by quickly placing a finger on his lips.

"Ssh, I'm fine" I speak, assuring him that I am completely alright. My finger slides from his lips so that my hand is now resting on his cheek. "Actually... there is something that I need" I add before standing up on my tiptoes and lightly pecking his lips with mine. He smirks and bites his lip.

"That; I can do" He continues to smile as he removes my hand from his face and practically drags me into the living room. Roman slowly shuts the door behind me and then his lips are rapidly on mine. His kiss full of need and lust. He walks us backwards until I feel the edge of the sofa behind the backs of my legs. Grabbing on to his shirt, I let myself collapse backwards and allow the soft cushions to soften my fall. He gasps tacitly as he plummets onto me. My hands still have a hold of his shirt. I giggle lightly when he begins to kiss my neck.

"Roman... I-it tickles" I laugh. He smiles against my skin and starts to nibble on my neck just below my ear making me giggle even more. His hands slither like snakes up and down my body and I languidly wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him as close to me as is humanly possible. Kicking off my shoes, I allow Roman to speedily remove my jacket.

"Mine" Roman whispers in my ear. Then he lightly  bites my earlobe causing my breathing to catch in my lungs and a tingling, warm sensation to take over my body.

Suddenly, one of his hands slides up my vest and into my bra. I close my eyes as his touch sends new sensations through my skin. His fingers are like spider's legs dancing all over my stomach and chest.

Then he bites my neck harshly and my eyes shoot open. Hurriedly, I push him off of me and sit up straight. I slowly realize that we're still in my living room. My cheeks flush a bright red and my breathing comes in short pants. I look over to Roman and he's leaning back on the other end of the sofa, panting and smirking. Blushing even further, I drop my gaze to my hands and try to find my voice.

"I guess I'll be going" He speaks and my head shoots up to see him strolling to the door. "See ya later" He winks at me before swiftly exiting.

When the door is shut I fall back onto the sofa once more and let out a sigh. What has he done to me? He's changed me so much in the past three days and I hardly know him at all. I groan as my hand brushes over the bite mark that is now on the left side of my neck. Shit, it hurts. I wince again. He's marked his territory. The little bitch. Well, Roman, two can play at that game. I smirk before falling asleep on the sofa.