You Have A Date Don't You?

"You're doing it again." Sang Tony quietly, flicking through the channels on the television from where he sat beside you on the couch.

Snapping your head to look at him, your cheeks flushed red in embarrassment as you tried to pretend you had been watching the screen as well, "What?"

"You know what." Replied Tony, "She'll notice one day if you keep staring at her."

"I'm not staring." You muttered,shifting in your chair uncomfortably, "Shut up."

Tony laughed, "Just ask her out."

You looked over at him in disbelief, "Oh right yeah great, I'll just walk over in to the kitchen and ask her out while she makes breakfast shall I? Can't see that going badly in any way."

"Well what have you got to lose?"

Scoffing at his question, you shook your head gently, "Everything? How am I supposed to work with her after she shoots me down, it'll be so awkward."

"You don't know that she's going to shoot you down." argued Tony, finally settling on a channel and throwing the remote down on to the sofa.

"She's probably not even gay."

Snapping his fingers as if he had just thought of a brilliant idea, he looked back at you with a grin, "Hey, I know, why don't you ask her!"

"Don't be ridiculous." You mumbled, folding your arms across your chest like a sulking child.

It was taking all of your restraint not to turn your head the small distance required so that you could watch the red head in the kitchen a little more. You thanked Tony mentally for the open plan living space that made it possible for you to spy on Natasha so often when she was pottering around the tower. As it was, she wasn't doing anything remarkable, simply chopping fruit on the breakfast bar and tossing it into a bowl as she hummed quietly to herself. However, to you, she always looked breath taking.

"Okay well maybe I'll ask her what side she bats for then."

Snapping your head to look at him, you shot Tony a glare, "Don't you dare."

"It's cool, just chill a second." He assured, turning his body and resting an arm on the back of the sofa so he could see into the kitchen properly.

"Tony I'm serious don't." You hissed, swatting at his arm to try and get him to turn back towards you.

"Hey Romanoff?"

At the sound of Tony's voice, Natasha looked up from the chopping board, raising her eyebrows enquiringly, "Yes?"

"You're not seeing anyone are you?" He asked, ignoring your hushed pleas to shut up.

"Please tell me you're not about to ask me out." Groaned Natasha, tossing a handful of apple slices into a bowl.

Tony chuckled quietly, stroking at his goatee, "No, no, no, not me ... I have a friend I think you'd like. He's a really great guy."

"No thanks." Answered Natasha, not even taking a second to consider the question before turning her attention back to her breakfast and starting to peel a banana.

"Why not?"

Natasha smirked, "Anyone who considers you a friend has clearly got something wrong with them."

"Oh come on, I think you'll really like him." Insisted Tony, his voice coming out as more of a childish whine as he pouted at the red head.

"Unlikely."

"Well how do you know?"

Picking up the knife again, Natasha swiftly brought it down on the banana to cut it in half before looking back up at the man on the couch with a shrug, "I'm not interested in men."

At her words, Tony broke out in to an even bigger grin, "What do you know, that's even better, I know the perfect woman for you."

"Why the sudden interest in my love life?" Asked Natasha curiously.

Running a hand casually along the back of the sofa, Tony dismissed her question with a flick of his wrist, "No reason ... so ... what do you say?"

"I don't think so."

"Come on!" pleaded Tony, holding his hands together as if he was praying, "You'll really like her."

By this point you were sure you must be the colour of a beetroot, shying in to the corner of the sofa and desperately willing your body to come up with the power to turn invisible. At the very least you hoped you could shrink down small enough that you couldn't be seen but alas it didn't seem that either of those things were a possibility.

"I don't go on blind dates." Stated Natasha simply, tossing the chopped banana in to the bowl and picking up a bunch of grapes.

"What if you already knew her?" Pushed Tony, grimacing slightly as you delivered a kick to his shin.

His question prompted her to finally look up from what she was doing, hands stilling from picking grapes from the vine as she eyed him suspiciously. Her eyes drifted from Tony and finally settled on you, one arm raised on the back of the sofa in an attempt to hide your face with your hand but the blush creeping up your neck was still glaringly obvious.

Suddenly realising what Tony's game plan was, Natasha broke out in to a knowing smirk, popping a grape in to her mouth and shaking her head at the man in front of her, "You're an asshole for embarrassing her like this you know?"

You felt like your heart had stopped, suddenly wondering if it was possible to die from humiliation as you attempted to shrink even further in to the couch. Your cheeks were burning hot now, palms sweating uncomfortably and all you wanted to do was slap the cocky grin straight off Tony's lips.

"Whatever do you mean Romanoff?" Asked Tony, his face the picture of innocence.

Rolling her eyes, Natasha picked up the bowl of food she had prepared, stepping out from behind the breakfast bar and starting to make her way out of the room. As she passed the sofa she paused just in front of the pair of you and pushed Tony gently in the side of his head. "I hope she kicks your ass for this."

You didn't dare move, for some stupid reason thinking that maybe if you sat completely still, she wouldn't see you. It seemed that you were out of luck as she snapped her fingers in front of your face, trying to get your attention.

"And you?" She started, pausing as she waited for you to finally raise your head and look at her, "6pm, my room, don't be late, and you better take me somewhere nice."

Not waiting for a response, she shot you a playful wink before turning on the spot and making her way out of the room, your eyes near enough hypnotized by the swing of her hips with each step she took. As soon as she was out of ear shot you jumped on Tony, punching every bit of his body you could reach as he wriggled underneath of you trying to block your attack.

"You ... are ... such ... a ... fucking ... jerk!" You shouted in between punches, ignoring his shouts for mercy.

Finally he managed to grab a hold of your wrists, stopping your attack on him abruptly, "You've got a date haven't you?"

"And you made me look like a total idiot."

"A total idiot that a beautiful Russian assassin wants to go on a date with!" Argued Tony, breaking out in to a grin before continuing, "Thanks to me I might add."

Rolling your eyes, you jumped to your feet and started to walk away from the couch. Your sudden movement caused a frown to appear on Tony's face as he shouted after you.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"To the armoury." You snapped, shooting him a glare, "I'd get one of your suits on if I were you."