Chapter - One

The sun was setting softly over New York CIty.
Michelangelo looked over the city with amusement as lilac and orange colors took over the usually grey and blue sky. The bright, white stars were invisible due to the bright city lights, but it was still beautiful.

Michelangelo sat alone on a rooftop across from Antonios, his brothers sended him out to fetch their sunday pizza. While he was waiting for the pizza guy to walk out of the building and down the ally way like usual he studied his surroundings, the buildings, the sky, the smell of the smoke and ooze from cars and the delicious pizza just down the road hung in the air.

Tonight was going to be great, he could feel it. Just him and his bros, chilling with some pizza and watching some T.V.
It was going to be the absolute best night in forever.

He sighed, satisfied with how well things had been going lately, Shredder had been quiet, so had the Kraang, and crime had been slow, maybe was New York City finally turning into a safer place after all, oh and he found some new comics last night! Yeah, life was going great.

Just then he heard the bells of the front door to Antonios ring in the distance and he sat up and ran to the edge of the rooftop and looked down, and bingo.
He jumped down smoothly from the rooftop and landed next to a big green container and waited for the pizza guy.
The guy himself was pretty cool, 100 percent Mikey's favourite person in the world.

The guy walked into the allyway and placed the pizza box on the container Michelangelo was hiding behind, like if it was something he did almost daily, which in fact he did, and then walked off and into Antonios again.

When he was off he snatched the box from the container and in a second disappeared down under the manhole cover next to him.
While running over the red and grey bricked sewer floor he took a peek in the box and smelled the glorious smell of pepperoni, pineapple, jalapenos and oh, was that smoked ham? 
Sweet!

He smiled widely and shut the box as he started sliding down a pipe with the help of his shell.

,,Cowabunga!''
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The orange masked turtle ran towards the railings at entrance of the Lair, he smirked and threw the box high up in the air as he jumped and landed on his hands on the railing, he boosted himself off the railing with his arm strength and flipped twice in the air and landed surprisingly well on both his feet and caught the box.

,,Here's Mikey!'' He announced, he was slightly out of breath, Leonardo didn't look up from the television as Space Heroes: The next generation played on the screen, Raphael pretty much ignored him and Donatello glanced up from his phone, slightly irritated of the loud entrance but brushed it off with a small smile.

Master Splinter who was standing behind the couch looked over at Michelangelo and smiled.
,,Ah, welcome home Michelangelo-''
''Mikey's back!?'' Raphael interrupted loudly and looked at Michelangelo with wide green eyes.
,,Bro I'm starving, got the pizza?''
Michelangelo huffed in a bad faked insulted way and walked over across the room, to the couches and presented the pizza box for Raphael.

,,Bro, dude, of course I got the pizza.'' Michelangelo huffed and Raphael snatched the box from his hands, and took a slice and started sending it around, starting with Donatello who took a small piece and sended it over to their leader who grabbed a slice before returning to his show, Splinter denied the piece and went for the fridge to get a cheese-sticel and that left Michelangelo as the last, he hurriedly grabbed a piece and placed the box down on the couch and sat down next to it and joined the others in eating.

,,I'll retreat for tonight boys. Don't stay up too late.'' Splinter announced when he finished his cheese-sticel.
,,Goodnight Sensei.'' Said Leonardo as stood from the floor and stretched and joined the rest on the couch.
,,So, how was it out tonight Mikey?'' Asked Leonardo as he sat down.
,,No sightings of any Kraang heads or Purple dragons, so all good!''
,,No sign of Shredder either?'' Continued Leonardo and raised a brow. ,,Nopes dude. It was completely calm tonight.'' Said Michelangelo satisfied and leant back in the couch with one of his new comics in hand.

Raphael leaned forward a bit and started humming a straight tone, as if he was speculating.
,,There hasn't been any activity, again. Is it only me who gets a weird feeling about this?'' Raphael asked looking around between his brothers who were doing their own thing.
Donatello shrugged and said ,,What should be off? It's not EVERY night the Kraang decide to attack somebody.''
,,No, I know, but haven't they been really quiet lately? It's almost been a week since there's been activity from any of them.'' Raphael continued, too stubborn to not be heard and understood by his brothers.
,,That's not true, there was that one Purple Dragon accident a few days ago.'' Said Donatello and continued ,,And besides, they might just be taking a break, you know? We just kicked everyone's butt, maybe they just need a rest before they get up again and so do we, so we should just enjoy our time off.''

Leonardo and Michelangelo nodded in agreement and Raphael huffed and leant back.
,,It still feels fishy.'' he mumbled.
Michelangelo glanced at Raphael and frowned slightly, ,,Bro, you need to chillax a bit.'' Raphael glanced at him quietly with the death stare, then slowly looked away to pout some more.
,,Well, I'm going to bed, we start training at six tomorrow morning so rest up guys.'' Said Leonardo and stretched and headed for his room. Raphael stood up too and mumbled a low ''G'night.'' before walking off to his room with his arms stiff to his side in an aggressive kind of walk.

Michelangelo glanced unsure at Donatello and they both gave each other questioning look.
,,What happened there?'' Michelangelo asked, and the genious in purple made another shrug.
,,I have no idea, I guess he's upset since he haven't kicked Kraang butt in a while now.''
,,Yeah, maybe...''

The atmosphere was cold but calm, Donatello continued typing away on his computer while Michelangelo slumped down to 'read' a bit more, but we all know that he was just looking at the pictures.

About an hour later Donatello stood up and breathed out a annoyed huff.
,,What's up D?'' Michelangelo's attention drifted away from the comic to Donatello with a raised eyebrow.
,,I just need to go run some tests, it's getting frustrating just sitting here.'' He said and jumped over the couch's back starting to walk towards his laboratory.
,,Uh! Can I come too?'' Asked Michelangelo with his usual light energetic voice. Donatello shook his head and turned it slightly to glace at Michelangelo.
,,Not now Mikey, I'm going to run some mutagen tests, I can't risk the chance of you breaking something.''
Michelangelo slumbed down into the couch and groaned annoyed while watching Donatello walk into his laboratory. Silence washed over the room again.

So now Michelangelo was alone, the calm feeling had dissolved and now it just felt lonely and cold and scary in the big room. A not welcoming feeling filled the space around him and he shivered slightly.
He grabbed his comics in a tall stack and rushed to his room, the disgusting feeling of something running after him kept him speed walking on his way to his room.

He slammed the door behind him, small huffs escaping from his lungs out of his mouth.
He needed to calm down, deep breaths, just like Splinter always said.
He threw himself in his bed, his small night lamp providing him with soft soothing yellow light, his room decorations like his 'lava lamp' which is just an empty can of mutagen with a small light in the bottom of it filled with oil and orange and yellow food coloring that his brothers fixed up for him for their mutation day.

A few empty pizza boxes that made a surprisingly comfy armchair in the corner of the room, surrounded with his comic book collection.
His walls littered with crayon doodles of stickmen turtles he and his brothers drew when they were smaller, and a single family portrait right over his bed... Next to a selfie of him and ice cream kitty he took a while ago of course.

His room was nice, normally he hated being alone, but here could nothing hurt him at least.

.
.
.

A/N; Hey, it's Laurance here with a new story, I'm pretty determined to finish this one!
TMNT is a big part of my life atm and I'm really satisfied with the results here!
So yeah, I hope you enjoy this story.
-Laurance.

(Word count; 1460 words)